20 ²

"you can cook very well hwanwoong, where did you learn this?" soojin asked and the male smiled at the compliment.

"my mother taught me."

"ah, i see" she said "maybe i can meet her one day? i'd love to see who raised you to be such a polite and charming guy!"

while hwanwoong tried his best to suppress the blush that crept up his neck youngjo protested. "hey, if anything i will meet his mother first!"

soojin chuckled "i didn't know you haven't met her yet... for how long have you two been dating?"

both males looked at each other, one probably trying to calculate the days and the other trying to figure out what month it was — youngjo eventually said 'not that long' and figured it would be enough to satisfy his mother.

she just hummed and smiled to herself, clearly enjoying the company of her son and his boyfriend and the way they acted very innocent and respectful. when youngjo accidentally touched hwanwoong's hand earlier the blond male had immediately pulled his own away and cleared his throat.

"oh, youngmi sent a voice message."

both had their attention on youngjo's phone now, waiting for him to play the voice message.

"i apologize for letting you wait for an answer, there was a car crash and we had to wait and then take a different road but everything is fine now and thankfully no one got seriously injured. we'll be there in around 20 minutes!"

youngjo eyed his mother who immediately tensed up at the voice of her daughter. the male had called his sister a little after hwanwoong introduced himself to soojin and youngmi immediately got into her car. you could say she waited for this moment to come and youngjo was surprised when he heard that yuriko is accompanying her, but on the other hand he understood. a drive from busan to seoul wasn't short after all and it was understandable that she didn't want to send her fiancé away on a long way like this was one... especially not when she would meet her mother again after everything that happened.

"i'm glad nothing happened to you... we're waiting patiently!" youngjo spoke as he recorded a voice message to respond to the one of his sister.

the next 20 minutes they remained mostly silent. soojin was tensed up and nervous — the fact she didn't know how her daughter would react made her palms sweaty. her leg was bouncing and she exhaled shakily, the sound not going unnoticed by hwanwoong who sat next to her.

he put his hand on her wrist and gave her a reassuring smile. "don't think too much, i'm sure she will forgive you. if she hated you that much she wouldn't have gotten into her car immediately after hearing you are here."

youngjo nodded. "he's right."

the brunette smiled and put her hand on hwanwoong's before he lot go again with a nod.

only a few minutes later the doorbell rang. soojin inhaled sharply and got up to fix her blouse and stroke over her jeans. she wanted to join youngjo in opening the door but she decided to stay still next to hwanwoong who had also gotten up. he patted soojin's shoulder once and put his fists up to show her that everything would turn out well. she caressed hwanwoong's cheek with the back of her index finger, a thankful smile laying on her lips. it had only been a few hours and she had already grown fond of him.