08

he remembers. youngjo was staring at the kitchen counter a few more seconds once the realization hit him. he didn't know what to do with that information now. should he talk to hwanwoong about it? no, that was too risky. he didn't want to be confronted with this ever again. but was it the right thing to act like nothing happened? everything was fine between the two, right? no need to bring it up again. a short laugh escaped his mouth when he thought back to monday and the way hwanwoong's lie would've got caught if geonhak would not have played along.

damn woong, you're a really good actor.

he made his way back to his room, walking as quiet as he could to not wake up the blond male. he slowly got on his bed and laid down on his side, hwanwoong being the only thing he saw in front of him. youngjo felt really tired and actually just wanted to sleep but his eyes wouldn't allow him to close just yet. instead, they wandered over hwanwoong's facial features. youngjo would lie if he said he didn't find hwanwoong attractive. in fact, he thought the blond male had a really pretty face. your face is angelic so why are you such a devil sometimes?

youngjo panicked when he saw hwanwoong open his eyes, his own closing immediately so the blond male wouldn't notice youngjo was looking at him the whole time. he waited half a minute before slightly opening his right eye to check if hwanwoong was asleep again... and guess what? he wasn't. youngjo opened his eyes fully in defeat now, both of them just looking at each other. the blond male let out an exaggerated sigh, deciding to let youngjo taste his own medicine.

"will you ever stop staring?" he said, a slight smirk forming at the corner of his lips.

youngjo just gasped, not knowing how to answer or what to say so he decided to turn around, his back now facing hwanwoong who let out an almost inaudible chuckle.

"i wasn't staring." he defended himself.

"i literally felt your eyes on me and i didn't even have to look to make sure."

"goodnight!" was all youngjo answered to hwanwoong's statement.

the blond male smiled at his best friend's behavior. what is this? it seemed like since the kiss between the two happened, things were starting to come to the surface. the certain tension had been there before keonhee's birthday so why did it feel different now? why did it feel like youngjo was actually sending signals to hwanwoong? i must be crazy for thinking that. but maybe i'm not?

the tension intimidated hwanwoong somehow so he didn't want to ask youngjo to give him some clothes to sleep in. he knew it would be a little uncomfortable to sleep in the clothes he was currently wearing but he decided to not make a big deal out of it.

hwanwoong's eyes shifted to youngjo's back. it didn't seem like youngjo wanted him gone so hwanwoong didn't think about leaving. however, it still felt a little weird to him because usually youngjo would ask hwanwoong first if he even wanted to stay over or not. either way, the blond male didn't have a problem with it. when he let his eyes wander over the male's back a little more the big urge of hugging him from behind built inside of him. his hand was slowly moving closer to his best friend's back but he stopped his movement right before he could touch him. stop hwanwoong. he withdrew his hand and placed it under his head and the pillow instead. no matter how big the urge to hug the taller was, his fear of him thinking weirdly was bigger.

hwanwoong was staring against youngjo's back and youngjo was staring against the wall. the room was really quiet, the only noise filling the room were their stable breaths. 2 minutes passed by, then 5, then 10. youngjo eventually fell asleep and shifted around in his sleep a little. in the end, he turned around and threw his arm around hwanwoong. the blond male twitched and opened his eyes wide open once he felt youngjo's arm around his waist. a bright shade of red tinted his cheeks at the sudden physical contact. he had struggled to fall asleep that's why he was still awake.