05

since dongju was going to meet up with geonhak at kream today he dropped his things off at home and made his way to the coffeeshop. youngjo was already there so he greeted his friend, both exchanging a warm smile. dongju took a seat at his favorite table and checked the time on his phone, it was currently 2:40pm so there were still 20 minutes left before geonhak would arrive. he didn't get to talk to him since the first break but since he didn't say anything that was related to their meet up, dongju was sure it would still happen. 10 minutes passed and he got pulled out of his thoughts by youngjo who was now standing in front of him.

"hey, i'm sorry i had to take care of the queue first." he laughed. "what can i get you?"

"uhm... i wanna try this milkshake thing, strawberry flavored please." dongju said.

youngjo nodded at his friend's order and gave him a subtle smile. "i'll be back soon."

dongju checked his time again. 2:55pm. he was excited because that meant there were only a few minutes left until he would see his boyfriend, excitement taking over because he was happy to spend some time with him. youngjo came back and placed the drink on the table in front of dongju who thanked him right after. geonhak was 2 minutes late already but that really wasn't a big deal. that can happen, right? at this point dongju's eyes just wandered around the room. he saw sana and youngjo giving out the orders, both always having a smile on their lips. dongju wondered if they didn't get tired of always smiling? he thought about how hardworking some of his friend's were. keonhee didn't have to get a part time job because he was still living at his parent's house. if i was him i wouldn't move out either. his parents are never home anyway. geonhak didn't have to pay for his apartment since it's an apartment his parents bought years ago to give it to geonhak once he was old enough. and for himself, he was currently living together with his twin brother dongmyeong. geonhak's and dongju's parents would send them money for every month but not everyone in their clique was that lucky. hwanwoong for example comes from a family that doesn't have much money. it was always enough to raise their son and hwanwoong was thankful for what his parents did for him but he had to work so he could cover his bills, the money his parents send him would never be enough. youngjo had to work because he's in no contact with his parents, no one knows why. but that basically was the reason why he had to take care of his bills all by himself. seoho had to work because of a similar reasons, with the difference that his parents died when he was 17. since then his older sister took care of him but he moved out a few years later so she could follow her dreams. he worked hard to visit her every once in a while, plane tickets from korea to japan weren't cheap after all. dongju thought about how much he admires his friends for going through certain circumstances and still be able to smile and enjoy their life the best they could.

everytime someone entered the coffeeshop, dongju's head shot to the direction of the door. none of the people were geonhak though. the male got a little frustrated when he checked the time, now noticing his boyfriend was 20 minutes late already. he decided to call him but geonhak didn't answer it. dongju sent him a message in which he asked the male if he forgot about their meet up. at one point a familiar blond male came in but it was not his boyfriend.

"hey dongie, what are you doing here?" hwanwoong asked while taking a seat in front of dongju.

"waiting for geonhak. we were going to meet up here but he's late." dongju pouted. hwanwoong nodded, understanding why his friend felt a little down.

"did you try to call him?" he asked.

"yes, he won't pick up. he also doesn't answer my messages."

hwanwoong got a little startled once he saw his favorite drink getting placed on the table. when he turned around and saw youngjo standing there with a smirk he couldn't help but squirm inside.