17

2nd september, youngjo's birthday

youngjo got pulled out of his sleep by the doorbell ringing several times in a row, causing him to almost fall out of his bed when he was in the process of waking up and he waddled to the door, rubbing his eyes and pouted when he opened it. once he did, he opened one of his eyes to look at the person who was interrupting his sleep only to see a smaller male in front of him whose face was hidden behind the bags in his hands. his eyes froze on the person as he fully woke up now, the male in front him lowering the bags only slightly to meet youngjo's eyes.

hwanwoong could already see the question marks form above the taller's head and giggled. "will you help me or stare at me for two more hours?"

"o-oh, sorry." he replied and immediately helped hwanwoong by taking two bags out of his hands, leaving the smaller with one bag around his hand.

they walked to the kitchen and placed the bags on the counter. a quick glance into one bag revealed the contents were all raw food, only waiting to get cooked and youngjo couldn't help but get a little excited. however, when his eyes met hwanwoong's, he noticed how good he looked. nice outfit, hair laying soft, a few strands covering his forehead and eyebrows and his nose was able to take in hwanwoong's vanilla scented shampoo even though there was a good amount of distance between them. then it hit him. damn, i must look like a mess.

"i'm smelly. give me thirty minutes?"

hwanwoong laughed and nodded. "please take your time."

youngjo then made his way to the bathroom and hwanwoong still smiled watching him sprint off. he turned around and started unpacking some of the things he bought. the first thing he grabbed was flour, the second milk and the third thing was the eggs. he huffed and scolded himself on the inside. i must be insane for putting the milk container on top of the eggs, thank god nothing happened to them.

after unpacking all the contents he searched for a bowl and a mixer which he surprisingly did end up finding and looked for the recipe he wrote down yesterday. after he had everything ready, he started mixing the contents together and turned on the mixer. he was so focused on the cake dough, he didn't even notice youngjo leaning against the doorframe and watching him do his thing. the taller just smiled, thinking hwanwoong looked really cute like this. after a few more seconds he decided to join his boyfriend in what he was doing and walked up to him, eyeing the recipe list and chuckled.

"you're really baking me a cake?" he said and hwanwoong just looked at him, a questioning look on his face.

"what?" he replied, youngjo not understanding him either because of the loud sound of the mixer.

youngjo shook his head, a smile still plastered on his lips as he turned the mixer off for a second. "i asked if you're really baking me a cake."

"oh, yes i am."

"why? if you wanted me to have a cake on my birthday, you could've just bought one."

hwanwoong then frowned. "no, i wanted you to get a cake i made. also, we both know you're not the biggest cake fan so i made sure to buy strawberries since you love to steal them from cakes so much."

"you know me so well." youngjo chuckled and turned to hwanwoong to face him, his hands softly hugging the smaller's hip. the blond male just nodded, smiled and placed a quick peck on youngjo's cheek.

"happy birthday."

"thank you."

"do you have any plans for today? invite anyone?" hwanwoong asked and youngjo just shook his head.