01

today was june 21st,

in other words, only 6 days left until keonhee's birthday.

keonhee's birthday parties always were something else, the party everyone was waiting for each year. he lived in a big house, his parents were barely at home and no strict neighbours which made it the perfect party place. even though hwanwoong only witnessed two of them, he heard a lot about the parties from others to know they are a hit every year.

"so, what do you guys say?" keonhee asked his friends with a smirk on his face.

seoho agreed to his idea without having to think twice, same as dongju and geonhak.

"well, i think thats a cute idea. im sure people will love it." hwanwoong said as he agreed.

keonhee would always have dresscodes for his birthday parties, this year he thought of having an animal themed one. not complete costumes, just an accessory. well, thats what hwanwoong thought at least.

youngjo nodded at hwanwoong's words, implying that he agrees with him.

"can we finally order? we didn't come to this place for nothing. i'm hungry." dongju said with a slight pout on his face, causing geonhak to smile and poke the youngers cheek.

"i can order for you guys, just tell me what you want and i'll be back in a minute." youngjo offered and waited for his friends to say their orders. he ended up writing them down in his notes app and got up from his seat.

hwanwoong couldn't help but think something was off. youngjo kind of acted a little distant today, maybe hwanwoong was just looking too much into things he thought to himself. once he came back, he sat down and eyed geonhak and dongju exchanging sweet glances while dongju was sipping on his drink.

"youngjo?" hwanwoong said to the male sitting in front of him, almost whispering but the male still heard it.

"huh?" he replied and looked at hwanwoong, waiting for the younger to speak.

"are you... okay?" he said with a slight tone of worry in his voice, hoping everything was fine.

youngjo gave him a weak smile. "yeah, don't worry. i just didn't get much sleep last night, that's all." hwanwoong nodded at his words, believing him for now.

"so how is it going between you two? all lovey dovey i see." seoho asked as he wiggled his eyebrows at dongju, who only blushed at his question. "we've only been dating for 3 days now, calm down." geonhak sighed as he intertwined his fingers with his boyfriends under the table, the action causing dongju to blush even more.

to dongju's luck the waiter came which meant seoho's whole attention was on his food now.

"im curious about one thing though..." keonhee started to speak "were you two not scared to lose your friendship? like, what if it doesn't work out?"

hwanwoong's eyes immediately shot up to youngjo as he heard keonhee asking his question, to his surprise youngjo's eyes being on him too. they were staring at each other for a second, maybe two, after awkwardly breaking their eye contact. hwanwoong's eyes were now on his hands, playing with his fingers while youngjo's hands were clasped on the table and his leg was shaking nervously.

"well, of course we know about the consequences if we wouldn't work out but if you don't try, you will never find out. i mean it would be sad but i don't think our friendship would end if we don't work out. we liked each other for quite a long time now and to be honest i don't want to think about a break up at this moment so i hope this answers your question." geonhak said casually. keonhee nodded in response and continued to eat his food.