"33

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀TATIANA HURRIED TOWARDS the door as she heard continuous knocking. The kids all did their own things; rather playing, watching tv, or as for Pooh, sat on a pillow on the floor in front of the couch with half of her head braided down. "Coming!" Tatiana stated as she grabbed the door handle, undoing the locks timely. She pushed forward and watch the screen door then the back hardwood one open up to where she saw the outside. There stood Amos and Gyro as Amos gave a small smile. "Hey. Hey! C'mon." She leaned her body weight against the frame to allow them the space to walk by and inside. They entered inside the house as the air conditioning cooled their skin from its warmth that the beaming sun caused.

She let the door shut back and locked it as she pointed towards the kitchen you could see from the doorway. " I made a pot of spaghetti and corn on the cob. I'm fryin' fish na' because they had a taste for that with it." She announced, giving attention to the heating grease on the stove. It wasn't hot enough yet. She held the rat tail comb as the guys looked around. Gyro glanced at the kids faces and shut his eyes shut instantly, squeezing them in tightly. The guilt of blaming himself for what had took placed returned from the absence of Dyce-though he wasn't as close to the family as Amos and Latrell were. He cleared his throat and asked, "Uh, could I. . use the bathroom real quick?" He asked with a dry throat, pointing his thumb over his shoulder and reopened his eyes.

She nodded and directed him towards where it was located in the back of the house. Amos glanced around the room, speaking to every one of them and making sure they were okay. He suddenly felt arms wrap around his legs and he looked downward behind him. He saw Pooh's half Afro and grabbed her arm to pull her around the front of him. He lifted her into his arms as she hugged him tightly. "I missed you ossie." She softly said, making his heart flutter. He hugged her just as tight, swinging her from side to side slightly. "I missed you too, Pooh, I'm sorry. I love you, girl." He held the back of her head down to his shoulder.

Tatiana walked back up and took a deep breath. "C'mon Pooh, let me finish ya' hair. You hungry?" She said as she extended her arms out. He nodded his head from either side as he gave her to her. Tatiana sat Pooh down on her feet. "The spaghetti and corn ready but if you want to gone and fry ya' piece of fish, it's already battered and 'erthang." He nodded, heading over to the sink to wash his hands. He didn't have no problem because she'd took on a big responsibility suddenly by looking after bebe's siblings and her unresponsive mom. He was grateful and knew she deserved a break -he couldn't imagine how tired she was. All this she done to be a good friend.

"I appreciate you, T. Seriously. Like this some real shit you doin'." He commended as he lathered the soap into his hands while the water ran. She sat back onto the couch as it screeched some. Pooh crawled and rested her back against the couch as she aligned her head with Tatiana's hands, between her legs. She immediately begin to part the next section and comb it out starting at the end. She replies, "Thanks Amos. I got mad love for them, but this only showed me how strong Bebe is, y'know? This shit is not easy and they are a handful. Especially this spoil thang here." She flicked Pooh's ear.

Gyro could hear Amos and Tatiana talk in the distance as the kids closer to the bathroom talked amongst each other while playing their games. He lowered his head down into his hand again as he rinsed his face. He took a breath inhale and faced up into the dingy mirror, looking into his own eyes. He couldn't imagine what these kids were going through with losing their brother. He just felt he owed them and Latrell's family something. He should've never robbed those guys. He regretted being so money hungry, despite his intentions being wanting more for them. He faced down and shut his eyes, clutching the counter as he took a small step back. He exhaled as his mouth formed an 'o'. "Okay." He mumbled and grabbed ahold of the knob and exited.