"32

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀AMOS HAD TOOK a flight by the next day and arrived in Virginia within an hour and a half. Two hours at the most because of minor delays. He breathed in the fresh air of Virginia, spring being evident by the surrounding trees and flowers. Even the air was different and it was as if his body knew he was home. He glanced around the perimeter of the airport as he stood out front of it. He retrieved his phone from his back pocket, turning off the airplane mode and receiving signal. As he did, he typed up a message to send to both Kielce and Apryl to reassure his safe arrival.

He left the iMessage column and went over to the phone icon, clicking it and going to Bebe's house phone number. He'd hoped Tatiana answered as the last time so he could get the information of which behavioral center she was signed into. He'd check in with her siblings and his own family right after. He held the phone up to his ear. It was a bittersweet feeling being back. Home was of course where his heart was, but it also where his heartache resided. He bit the nail of his thumb as the ringing continued. At seemingly the last ring, a voice answered and he immediately recognized it as Tatiana. "Hello?" She answered and he felt some relief.

"Aye, what's up, Tatiana? It's Amos. I'm in town, tryna' see Bebe." He responded, getting right to point. She nodded on the other side of the phone though he couldn't see her on a regular phone call. She proceeded by telling him the location which he repeated to himself mentally to not forget. He'd have to tell it to a cab driver. Tatiana went on to ask, "Was you comin' by here?" He could hear some small talk in the background, indicating some of the kids were up.

He nodded his head forward and promised, "Of course. Ima' definitely stop by and see 'em. Wouldn't even feel right leaving without." Amos placed her speaker as he searched a local cab number to give his location to and hitch a ride. "Aight, I know Pooh gon' love that. Ya'know she be mentioning you?" Amos felt a flutter in his chest as he smiled. He paused his search, zoning out in a stare at his phone for a moment.

"Fo'real? I miss my girl."

"And I know she misses you and Bebe."

"Ima' hit you up when I'm on my way over there. 'Bout to try and get a ride up to the hospital." She replied  okay as she understood and hung the phone up. He'd found a cab and called. They were soon on their way.  He waited outside the airport on a nearby bench. He'd only brought a duffle bag with him, figuring it was no need to pack heavy since he wasn't staying long and he could always go by his place to get something to wear. His eyes took in the surroundings, no changes whatsoever. City was still busy, but not as much as Atlanta. Conversations were scattered in the distance, but not overbearing. A light breeze brushed against his skin as his palm caressed his waves.

That's when his mind drifted off to thinking about Apryl. Her small hands rubbing over his hair that comforted him in a strange way. He thought of more ways to put a smile on her face. No time soon did he expect to end up with a girlfriend, and if so, he considered it'd be Bebe s as everyone else would've expected. But Apryl was something different and made him feel something unlike what he was used to. Bebe would always be the heart of home for him,  but Apryl was that vacation you need when the home you'd grown used to wasn't what it used to be. In so many words, she took his mind off his worries without even trying.

Finally, the taxi has arrived and pulled alongside the curb. He footed towards it and pulled the latch of the door towards him, opening it and climbing inside. He set the bag on the opposite side of him in the backseat and got comfortable in his place. He leaned forward on the armrest and gave directions to the driver. Once it was confirmed he knew where and had heard him, he sat back and settled into the cushioning of the seats. The sky became like a smeared painting as the car sped through the city along the road. Lucky for him, there wasn't hardly any traffic and they'd got to downtown within moments.