(Side Story 6) A Christmas In New York (Part 1)

Y/n P.O.V

"Places everyone, curtains up in five minutes" The drama teacher yells as everyone scuffles around getting all their last minute preparations ready. Whereas I sit in a makeup chair with two students fixing up my hair, much to my discomfort.

"You alright over there?" Katelyn asks as she walks over in a pale blue dress, covered with a black leather jacket.

The two students finished and hand me a fedora as I stand up in my brown three piece suit. "What do you think?" I retort back sarcastically. "Do you have any idea how much it hurts for someone to put makeup on a broken nose"

"PLACES!" The drama teacher shouts which Katelyn and I take as a sign to move.

We both stand to side of the stage as everyone goes quiet. "I still can't believe you talked me into this" I whisper as the curtains start to rise.

Y/n P.O.V (two weeks before curtains up)

"You don't have to, but it's the only way your father found if getting you into Phoenix Drop next year. Go help your bothers with decorations while you think about it, just give your father an answer before New Years" Mom says as sweetly as she can.

"Thanks Mom" I say as I get up and walk outside to find my three brothers, with the Christmas lights carefully and beautiful hung up, around Zane who cause of this, is stuck.

"What in Irene's name happened?" I ask as Vylad tries to untangle Zane. Zane stands there looking more cross than usual and Garroth looking more guilty than usual with his hand scratching the back of his head.

"This Garroth is why you don't text and drive!" Zane shouts.

"Baby brother, I wasn't texting. Or driving" Garroth says

"I know! But you were being more of a boob than usual! Now shut up and help me!" Zane shouts as I walk over and help Vylad untangle the last of the Christmas lights from Zane.

"Okay, why doesn't Garroth go inside and help Mom, while I stay out here with Zane and Vylad" I say.

"But I always do the outside lights" Garroth wimpers.

"It wasn't a suggestion Garroth" I say back in an annoyed tone. Garroth walks inside while I hold the ladder for Zane, with Vylad putting up other decorations in the garden.

Ding

I hear my phone in my pocket. I ignore it since I can't look right now cause of Zane.

Ding Ding

"Vylad" I call out. "Can you hold the ladder, someone's trying to get a hold of me"

Vylad walks over and takes the ladder from me while I pull out my phone to see.

Kate: Y/n

Kate: my place

Kate: NOW!

Y/n: what's going on?

Kate: I'll explain when you get here just hurry

"I gotta run guys, I'll be back later" I say as I run down the street before they can say anything.