(Chapter 55) Round Two Wolf Boy

Warning!: this chapter features detailed violence and blood, be warned

Y/n P.O.V (The Woods)

"Come on, come on! Come on come on!" I pant out as the snow raining down rushes horizontally past me.

The bitting cold of the air and thick trudging of the snow do nothing to stop my charge towards the lodge.

Though the adrenaline pumping through my veins surely helps, along with Lucinda using some sort of magic on me.

Since I don't know the technical term for it, my gamer brain can only call it a speed buff.

It certainly helps but I curse this Alpha for preventing my panther form as I would most certainly be faster.

Damn it Y/n! Shut up and focus, I need to keep them save. I need to keep everyone safe.

The trees start to pear away and the looming lodge comes into view. The storm had been picking up for the last few minutes making the the air a thick grey at a short distance.

The lodge stands firm, between the trees and battering of the storm. The snow coats the wood mansion in a blanket of dread. Luckily no cars are outside so Aaron, Aph and Kim are all still out.

I rush up to front door as fast as I can, though unfortunately, the lodge is too far from Lucinda for the speed buff to last.

"Stay back wolves!!!!" Garroth shouts as he runs out with his eyes closed, waving around a piece of wood.

Cause of my current speed, I have no choice but to trip and slide up his swings, then fall into a roll and hit the door frame, leaving a scar in the snow.

"Y/n!" Garroth says as he drops the wood and rushes over to me. "Are you okay, I'm so sorry, I thought you were a wolf"

"Maybe you would have noticed if you'd had your eyes open" I grunt out as I rub my head, getting to my feet.

"I'm so sorry, it just that we heard a noice and I got worried..." Garroth starts to ramble but I reach out and cover his mouth with my palm.

"Where's Zane?" I ask, taking my hand off of Garroth.

"He was right behind me..." Garroth starts up again.

"Garroth, shut up" I say calmly. "Stay our here, Lucinda should be back any second, I'm gonna go look for Zane. Okay?"

"Okay" Garroth says. I take a second to steady my nerves, then head in.

The place feels more cold than usual as the dread in the air takes over. And frightening more empty.

I take a quick whiff of the air, with my hand to the floor, trying to zone in on Zane's location.

"Come on Zane, where are you?" I mutter, growing more frustrated.

Zane P.O.V (The Lodge) (A Few Minutes Earlier)

"WE'RE DOOMED!!!" I shout as Garroth and I hid in one of the rooms on the second floor. Just seconds ago we heard a load crash so I assume the door got broken down.

"Zane! Listen to me little brother!" Garroth says. "Calm down! Your with your big brother Garroth, okay?" Yeah, like that's any comfort. "I won't let anything bad happen to you. Now, we're going to both go down and see what's going on. Worst case, I'll distract them and you break for the door. Okay? Okay! Come on! Let's go! Follow me!" Garroth chants as he runs out the door.

"WE'RE STILL DOOMED!" I shout, verbalising my thoughts more than I'm used to. "What plan of Garroth's actually does work? I'm not chancing it, I'm staying here!" I say while shutting the door and moving to a corner of the room.