(Chapter 62) The Lines You Cross For Love

Note!!! This chapter features violence and detailed gore. Read at your own risk

Lucinda P.O.V (Home) (Flashback)

"Lucinda!"

"Luuuucinda!"

"Lucinda wake up!" Y/n whines, the pressure on my chest as she relaxes her full body weight onto me. "Come on. We're gonna be late"

"Okay okay..." I mutter sleepily, trailing my hand from her thigh up to her head and behind her ear. She leans into the scratch making the first thing I see as I open my eyes the blessed sight of Y/n revelling in the feeling of my touch, purring to the heavens. "Morning sweetie. Enjoying yourself?"

"You know I am..." Y/n purrs out before a wave of realisation sweeps over her. She quickly pushes my hand away and jumps back. "No no. You're vile tricks won't work on my witch!" She shouts, pointing her finger at me. The bright red on her checks giving me a sense of pride I'll never get sick of. "We are going to be late"

"Fine fine..." I mumble, crawling out from under the sheets.

"Good, good, come on, I'll give you a few minutes to..."

"Edacaf!"

"...put your makeup on..." Y/n trails into a mumble as my spell takes effect. "...I really hate that spell you know"

"I know" I kiss her cheek as I walk past her and start heading downstairs.

"I have to sit in a chair while a whole team of people poke a prod me with all sorts and you just flick your wrist, say a word and blam! You're all ready"

"I'm still happy to teach you magic"

"Nah magic's your thing. I don't wanna take away from that"

"Well you've seen me do magic so much and you produce so much magic as it is, so whenever you want to you'll have a natural talent for it"

"Why would I need to?" Y/n says. "It's not like you're going anywhere" I freeze at her words, leaving her to walk ahead a small bit before stopping at looking back at me.

"Lucinda?"

Aaron P.O.V (The lodge) (Present day)

"Lucinda?" Y/n asks staring lovingly into familiar eyes that share no love back.

Lucinda sits on the floor, the legs tied together, her hands bound behind a wooden beam, a gag in her mouth and a glare in her eyes.

"I know you're still in there. And I don't love you any less for what you've been forced to do" She reaches out, holding Lucinda's head in her hands as their foreheads connect. Lucinda, continuing to break free. "I'll fix this, I promise. Just hold on as long as you can" She finishes by kissing Lucinda's forehead. Seeing nothing but hatetrid in her lovers eyes.

"Well, don't stay up too late" Y/n jokes, jumping to her feet with a smile on her face. "Though it is really cute carrying you to bed. Cya love"

Y/n leaves the room and I close the door behind her, locking it.

"So what's the plan?" I ask asY/n slumps against the wall.

Breath in.

Breath out.

"We need two emeralds" Y/n looks down at Lucinda's staff, tightening her grip on it.

"Emeralds?" Garroth asks as he, Aph and Kim walk over.

"No luck with Zane then?" I ask.

"No" Aph says in response.

"So what's this about emeralds?" Kim asks.