(Side Story 12) The Witching Well

Lucinda P.O.V (The Witching Well)

"That's the last of it" Y/n sings as she jumps up onto the counter.

"You sure?" I ask as I flick through some recent orders for potions.

"Yeah? I sorted everything that was in the box onto the shelves" Y/n explains.

"There's more boxes outback" I say and see Y/n's ears droop from out the corner of my eye.

"Ugh, you're evil" Y/n moans as she swivels around and heads to the back room.

"You're the one who wanted to come and help" I shout as I hear Y/n grab one of the boxes.

"Well, house hunting wasn't going well and I wanted to spend some time with you" Y/n says as she places the box on the counter.

I lean in and give her a quick peck on the cheek as I walk past her. "Thank you for helping"

"You're welcome" Y/n mumbles with blush on her cute face.

She slides over the counter, completely ignoring the hatch that you can pull up, and begins stacking the shelves with various magical items.

"It is nice to have some time to ourselves, being in that cramped room with so many people can be a pain" I say.

"What do you mean, we had time to ourselves last night" Y/n says.

"Urrr..." I trail off.

Lucinda P.O.V (Hotel Room, Last night)

"Have I mentioned how beautiful you are?" Y/n says as we both lie in bed, facing each other with our hands interlocked together.

"Yes, frequently" I joke. "But I wouldn't be opposed to you mentioning it some more"

"My Irene, I love you" Y/n says then leans in for a kiss as one of her hands slides down to my butt.

I place my finger on her lips, stopping her. "Judging from where your hand is, I'd prefer a little more privacy consider what you're planning"

"Just pretend I'm not here" Katelyn mumbles as she lies just behind Y/n, facing away from us. "Irene knows I am"

Lucinda P.O.V (The Witching Well)

"...That's not how I saw it" I say.

Y/n and I both continue for a few minutes, with Y/n stacking shelves and me, working on customer orders. Surprisingly I don't hear anything break from Y/n being clumsy.

Smash!

Nevermind.

"Don't worry, it was just a water bottle" Y/n shouts.

I walk over to see Y/n already sweeping up the shards of glass. "That was an awkward potion" I say after bending down and rubbing a bit of the potion between my index finger and thumb.

"Was it valuable?" Y/n asks as her expression drops to sadness.

"Not really, it was just a potion with no effect" I explain as I grab a towel and soak it up off the floor.