Chapter 13: Aftermath and Sting

When homeroom came, bandaged and limping, Aizawa had sprung on them some news. The UA sports festival was drawing closer and closer. This made the class very happy (excluding Midoriya). The surprise and ecstasy of the class was quelled when someone asked about the recent events and how they would affect the upcoming ones.

'Is it okay to have the sports festival right after villains got into the school?' asked Jiro, a girl with purple hair and long earlobe thingies.

Aizawa explained how this was a way the school was showing how it could manage itself under a crisis by having such an event. The security would be improved to maintain and prevent anything that would aid to jeopardise the "opportunity", as Aizawa called it. The festival was a way in which the students would be able to showcase their quirks and skills, enough so that they might score an internship under a high-ranked hero. This was their chance to show the world who they were. With an event that had surpassed and made the Olympics redundant, it was a guarantee that there would be big people watching the festival activities.

The homeroom was dismissed after that, and classes proceeded accordingly. Lunch swept in, anticipated closely by the jibbering classmates. Their fever of excitement was enough to make them forget about Midoriya, who quiet happily stayed at his desk in silence. As long as no one was paying him any attention.

'What seems to be the problem Midoriya? Are you not as excited about the festival?' asked Iida.

'Not really...' replied Midoriya, slumping his head onto the desk. 'I'm not really one for overwhelming attention like that... All the positivity will make me sick too...'

'Huh?' Uraraka came into the conversation too. 'But, I thought—'

'It doesn't matter...' Midoriya said, getting up from his desk. 'Either way, I'll have to bite back, one way or another...'

Midoriya getting up from his desk made a few students restless and Uraraka noticed. She was seemingly getting better at noticing these things. She looked at Iida who looked back at her with an equally questioning look. Neither had any proper reference to what he had meant, and not even Uraraka had that much intel to go off on.

At the cafeteria, Uraraka and Iida went to get their lunches while Midoriya sat down and waited. When they got back, they were surprised to see no food in front of him.

'Are you not going to eat, Deku?' asked Uraraka. 'It's not good for your health if you don't eat.'

He looked up from his doze and looked as if he smiled. Uraraka felt her heart skip a beat.

'I don't need to...' he replied.

'Huh?!' Uraraka and Iida said in unison.

'But how?!' said Uraraka.

'No human can——' Iida began.

They both looked at their friend, concerned and yet fascinated at the notion. Midoriya seemed to give, contemplating with himself.

'I need to eat, just not as much as the rest of yous... It's like... I get nourished by people's feelings or something...'

'Wow! That's amazing!' Uraraka said.

'Truly intriguing.' Iida mused.

'Negative emotions...' Midoriya added. 'I guess that's probably why positive ones would make me sick... Physically and figuratively... I never was one with "rainbow and sunshine feelings"...'

The other two became a little quiet after hearing that. They started eating until Midoriya spoke again.

'Uraraka—' he began.