Chapter 9: An Unexpected Party

The third (now second) hero who would be 13, a renowned rescue hero. They were working at the Unforeseen Simulation Joint.

13 introduced herself before they went inside the building. She introduced the facility and all of its zones. One for a landslide, fire, winds, shipwreck, you get the rest.

Aizawa and 13 had a quick quiet chat, 13 held up three fingers by the end that seemed to signal something.

Uraraka looked quizically at them, nudging Midoriya.

'What are they talking about?' she whispered.

'I don't know,' he replied. 'It's really tiring to look through people's heads... Emotions are easier, they just radiate out...'

'Shall we begin?' Aizawa asked.

'Before we do that, I have a thing to say... or two... or three or——'

13's rambling eventually led onto her explaining her quirk and some lessons on being a hero. Their quirks were all very powerful and equalling amazing, but that could make killing very easy on top of that. 13's own quirk was like this.

'That is all. Thank you for listening.' 13 took a bow, finishing with her first debrief.

Uraraka looked to Midoriya in excitement — ready and pumped for the training ahead; only to find that he looked nervous again. The look on his face was distant; like a voice in his head was telling him that he hadn't heard a snap in the woods.

'Alright then, first——'

Aizawa was cut off by the large lights in the domed ceiling, flickering off. The fountain in the middle plaza of the joint spluttered. In front of the fountain, a shift in vision blurred. It was slow and subtle, waving into a thick swirl of black. Light seemed to take its leave in the purple-black shift, drowning out the fountain behind it until it dominated the space. The swirl erupted, blaring into a large wall that had two yellow slit-eyes. A pale hand, connected to an arm sleeved in black, attached to pale body wreathed in plain black and white hands.

Aizawa's reaction was near-instant.

'Gather together and don't move!' he commanded, the fatigue leeched from him. 'Thirteen, protect the students!'

'What's that?' asked Kirishima. 'Is this like the entrance exam, with fake villains and stuff?'

True to his notice, the wall was mothering a bunch of villains, varying in looks and appearances.

'Don't move!' Aizawa stopped the students from breathing. 'Those are villains.'

Aizawa's grey scarf flung outwards, strung for battle.

'What about the trespass sensors?' asked Momo.

'We have them but... The villains must have brought them down somehow.' 13 replied.

Todoroki, the stuck up spoilt one, made and shared analysis. By attacking a class while off the main campus of the school, that was secluded, the villains had prepared and planned for it. They would be able to fight without the worry of more heroes coming.

'13, start the evacuation. Try calling the school.' Aizawa said, putting a pair of yellow goggles hidden beneath his scarf onto his eyes. He gave more instructions before squaring up to jump down and fight.

Within 10 seconds of leaping down the humongous flight of stairs, Aizawa had knocked out three villains and was about to take on a lot more. Even the villains with quirks that were their bodies, Aizawa would take them on in close combat, taking them out not long after.