Chapter 12: Rejuvenation

All Might had left the sickbay; Recovery Girl continued some 'hear-and-there' checkups on Midoriya, but the prediction was still the same: he was still sleeping.

Not long later, Uraraka and Iida came to visit him.

'Hello dearies,' Recovery Gril greeted. 'Come to see him, have you?'

'Yes.' they both replied.

Recovery Girl smiled, turning back to her desk.

It's good to see he has some friends. she thought.

The two walked to the side of the bed, looking down at him. His face looked restless, a little frowny, one could say. There was a nervous twitch every now and then through his slumber.

Uraraka couldn't keep her eyes off his noseless face... Even with such small... quirks, she still found him a little cute... She still saw him as a good friend. No questions asked. She was grateful, in a way. She remembered when they worked together when fighting Iida and Bakugou. He had worked with her, sort of, to formulate a plan, that she noticed, kept her from fighting Bakugou for the majority of the plan. When the ending of the match begun, she was able to finish the match and win, grabbing the weapon. It was the small details that she had begun to notice; little things here and there that she could appreciate. Him being open with her and trusting her and all of those other things. Even without the nose or solid eyes, he wasn't that bad of a person, she thought.

'Is he alright?' asked Iida. The silence between when they first arrived and to the few seconds of standing there had felt like a whole day; her inner-recallings flicking faster than she could count.

'He's fine,' Recovery Girl replied. 'Not a break, fracture or anything of the sort. From what I heard, he may have broken his nose when he fell, but I guess that was sorted too.' she chuckled.

'So... then...' Uraraka said.

'Right now he's sleeping. Even I can tell that he used his quirk too much. His brain has more connections with the rest of his body than most people I've looked at or on record... I would go as far as saying that he is the new 'record breaker' on that note.'

'That is fascinating...' Iida remarked.

'I'll have to ask him more when the time comes, but on his entrance form, it said that his quirk was telepathy... Basic mind-reading... Even with that, he barely made it in... But that doesn't matter now, does it... He's proven himself far beyond capable... I wonder what environment he grew up to have such knowledge.'

'Knowledge?' Uraraka and Iida said in unison.

'What does that mean?' asked Uraraka.

'I don't really understand it yet; his quirk is something I don't usually get to work with... He has potential...'

She looked at the two students, seeing their youthful minds go off onto whatever trail they thought. She smiled to herself.

'But—— It's not my place to pry, nor is it yours either.' she said. 'Whatever he is willing to talk about with you two is up to him, and him alone...'

The two students nodded. Not long after, they left, not having much else to do as Midoriya hadn't woken up. Recovery Girl went back to work, sighing to herself and thinking of how her last years of life would be spent.

≈ θ ≈

Two bodies fell, one landing on a bar and the other, on the wooden floor on the other side. The floor was dusty and hard to breathe on for Shigaraki. Kurogiri had been able to catch himself, more like stumble, onto the bar. Blood trailed down Kurogiri's bartender's attire, and Shigaraki's was less noticeable against the black he fanatically wore. The only sounds in the room were the quiet groans of the villains. The monitor on the side of the bar was on, displaying some words in purple.