Chapter Four: Broken Bonds

Start from the beginning

"Go give dream back his stuff" Wilbur replied, ignoring Fundy's comment. With a final shake of his head, he left the house, heading off to check on the forests. Fundy and I stood silently for a couple seconds, Wilbur's cold tone reverberating in my head. Fundy was probably blaming himself for what happened, even though I assisted him in this scheme.

"I just wanted to help" Fundy whispered, so quietly I almost didn't hear.

Walking over to Fundy, I hugged him tightly.
"I know you did, someday he'll understand, you just need to tell him how you feel" I whispered back, my voice muffled by his jacket. Fundy hugged me back, sighing.

"Alright, let's drag these bags back to the Camarvan" I brightened my voice, trying to make the mood more positive.

"Are you sure you can even carry them? You look really tired-"

"I swear if one more person mentions how I look today I will break their nose" I snapped back at him.

"Sorry" Fundy apologised, stumbling back from my glare. We pulled the bags from the floor, carefully hoisting them onto our backs without poking ourselves with the swords. The walk back to the Camarvan wasn't all that bad, but when we got to the van, we were told that Dream wanted us to bring it all the way back to the community house. Contrastingly, the walk to the community house was horrible. Whenever I die and go to hell, I pray carrying a giant bag filled with sharp weapons for thirty minutes won't be part of my punishment.

Waiting for us at the community house was the dream team, although they didn't look to be very attentive to our arrival. George zipped past me while screaming for Dream to help him, Sapnap following close behind and yelling threats after George. Dream was watching it all unfold from the roof of the community house, a fishing rod in his hand.

"OH GOGY!" Sapnap sang as he jumped over a chest, nearly chopping George in half with a sword. George sprinted away screeching, making me cringe as his scream broke my eardrums.

"I wasn't expecting you to return the weapons so quickly, you guys caved so quick" Dream called out from the ledge he was sitting on.

"I wasn't expecting you to be fishing after we left so many salmon laying around, next time we'll be sure to bring extra" I replied flatly, dropping the bag of weapons off in front of an entrance to the house. Fundy followed what I did but with a little less aggression.

I almost missed it, but I swear I heard a low chuckle come from Dream.

"DREAM TELL HIM TO LEAVE ME ALONE!" George screamed, barely avoiding Sapnap's swing.

Dream looked completely unbothered by what was happening, yanking back on the fishing rod and reeling it in. His shoulders sagged in disappointment as he unhooked the small cod from the pole. Releasing the fish, he stood up and looked down at us to where we were standing, his figure blocking out the harsh July sun.

"Let Wilbur know we won't burn down his trees" Dream announced.

Both Fundy and I turned to leave, and I had this feeling in my brain that all of this was too easy. There had to be some kind of catch.

Turning around to face him once more, I opened my mouth to question his motives before I was interrupted by George's scream.

"DREAM!" George screeched as he leapt over the bags and into the house, Sapnap catching up to him.

Right as Sapnap reached for the door an arrow landed at his feet, the shaft narrowly avoiding impaling his shoes. Sapnap glanced up at Dream, his body rigid with shock.

"Sapnap, c'mon you're gonna kill him" Dream laughed softly. It was apparent that this was a norm for Sapnap and George based on Dream's lack of shock at how close Sapnap came to chopping George's head off.