Chapter 7 - 𝐴 𝐿𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟?

Y/N Pov:

Sometimes I really don't understand Shuichi..

"Y/N, you heard that, r-right..?" A voice asked me. It sounded like Kokichi so when I turned, it was him. I nodded to him and looked down. I felt really bad for Shuichi...

"Y-Y/N... can you talk to him, please?"

"B-But I can't do that, he always makes the conversations short as if he doesn't want to talk to me.."

He stood there for a while thinking about it.

"What i-if you give h-him a letter and y-you guys meet u-up somewhere?" That sounded like a good idea but there are possibilities that he wouldn't come. Might as well give it a try then.

"That sounds like a good idea.."

"But, l-lets give him so space for n-now. H-He did get r-rejected by Kaede.."

I smiled and nodded. That was true, the possibility of him going after rejection might be low so I'll give it to him in 3 days. It might not be enough but, I need to send him the letter as soon as possible.

The day ended and I walked home by myself. I needed to write the letter today just in case I forget. I walked in my house and walked towards my room. I got paper, a pen, and an envelope then I sat in my chair.

Hey Shuichi,

There is something I want to talk to you about. Can you meet in the back of the school once school ends?

I paused to where I was going to write my name.

He might not want to talk to me so I won't write my name. I then grabbed the envelope and put the letter in it and sealed it, then set it down close to the corner of my desk.

I sat there for a few minutes in silence...

I'm doing this because he's my friend and I need to help him out... nothing else..

I pull out the drawer and take out a picture. Shuichi was on it.. There was words on it too that said, 'Do I fall in love easily?' I wrote that last year, 5 days after I met Shuichi. I smiled at the picture and carefully set it back in the drawer.

Another silence continued...

All the memories were flooding back into my head... me and Shuichi together...

But only as friends.

I got up from my chair and flopped onto my bed. I really don't want to wait three days to give him the letter. I want to be friends with him once again, all those memories weren't for nothing—to stop being friends—they meant so much.. and just to make them stop...

Without knowing, I fell into a deep sleep. Probably from how much I was thinking of him and what to do to regain our friendship.

I woke up and it was already morning again.

Did I really sleep that much?

I was probably really tired then.. I got up from bed and got ready to head to school having 2 days remaining.

I walked to school.. alone.

I arrived and I saw Kokichi there only, which was weird because he usually stands right next to Shuichi. I wonder if he told Kokichi something.

I walked up to Kokichi and he looked at me.

"You're probably w-wondering why I'm not next to S-Shuichi, right?"

"Yeah, you're always with him... is it because of.. you know.."

He nodded at me. I figured that was it, because that's the only reason why Kokichi wouldn't be with Shuichi.

"I a-actually wanted t-to give him space too, it is hard w-when you get rejected by the person y-you like."

"It really is.."

We both looked at the ground feeling how he must have felt at that moment

"W-Well, I have to go t-to class.. bye Y/N!"

I smiled slightly and waved goodbye. I should probably go to class too.

When I was walking to class all I heard around me was about the rejection Shuichi faced. My guilt for not being there for him went up.

Two days later, and when I realized what day today was I was nervous. Like the rest of the days, I got up and changed, got the letter then walked to school.

I got there and slipped the letter in his locker, then walked to class as if I didn't do such a thing. Gladly since I sit next to him, I saw he had the letter with him. My eyes turned to him not having my head turned so it wasn't that noticeable. He was staring at it for a while then carefully, he opened it up. He must've been confused because he slightly tilted his head but then he slipped the letter into his pocket. Looking up from his desk he turned to me.. probably having the sense that someone was staring. I quicked glanced at my paper at starting writing the things on the board.

Hopefully I wasn't caught staring at him. I don't want him thinking it was me who wrote him it nor him thinking I'm making fun of him or something like that.

School ended and I went to the back at the school like it said in the letter waiting for his arrival.

(899 word count- IM SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER! But don't worry because I'll try to bring out Chapter 7 as soon as I can, but it might take a while because that's the chapter where things are going to happen and I want to make it perfect for you guys so please understand that. Not only that it depends if I have lots of motivation, which I absolutely get when people vote and read. So thank youu and get ready for the next chapter!)