Chapter 5 - 𝐼𝑠 𝑆ℎ𝑢𝑖𝑐ℎ𝑖 𝐴𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑀𝑒..?

Y/N's Pov:

It's been a year since I've known Shuichi and Kokichi, now in sophomore year. Don't get me wrong, I know more people but... not many. That one guy that mocked me in my freshman year was named Kaito and sometimes hangs out with Maki.. and I guess Kaede. For sure, they wouldn't consider me as a friend.

Besides that, Shuichi's been acting a bit weird lately. Something along the lines of.. I guess avoiding..? He usually hangouts with Kaede now, with Kokichi following him everywhere besides class of course. It's not like I'm attached to him but.. I need to follow my plan from last year... I want him to feel loved.

I walk up to him and say, "Hey Shuichi, it's been a while since we talked.. everything okay?". He just... nodded and left.

I stood there like an idiot.. trying to tell myself that it's impossible that he hates me when it's only been a year.

I was a good friend to him right..?

Last year all we did was talk, hangout with each other, go out with each other, we even went to an amusement park.. twice! Sometimes with Kokichi too.

Is that not enough? Wait, I'm just overthinking.. he's probably one of those boys that have a crush and get attached to them and ignore their friend. I'm not going to think too much of it. I'll just support him. With that thought I went to class.

Some time later it was finally lunch. I walked over to him. Also to mention, he stopped sitting next to me and started to sit next to Kaede.. well of course. Who wouldn't want to sit next to their crush?! "Um.. I noticed you have a crush on Kaede and just wanted to tell you that, you can come to me if you need support because I'll support you all the way!" I told him cheerfully with a bright smile.

He looked at me with a 'really?' look but in a sarcastic way. The next move was when he looked back at Kaede and started talking to her again.

I still had a smile to not make it seem as if I was rejected and walked back at my seat and started eating my food. I still had positive thoughts knowing that he probably was those type of boys, but deep inside I knew that wasn't the reason but ignored it.

I'll just stop talking to him and give him space, I mean who knows when he's going to confess to her?!

School ended, and once I stepped out of my class, I saw Kokichi! Maybe he can comfort me for now? I walked over to him, "Hey Kokichi, it's been a while huh?" He looked at me with a smile. "Y-Yeah I g-guess it has b-been a while." He told me. "Do you want to hangout with me?" I asked him. He nodded at me. I'm glad at least he can hang out with me, I'll just take him out with me to get boba. "Alright!," i said cheering. "right now or do you want me to pick you up?" I asked. "We could g-go right now i-if you want?" He asked me with another question. "Sure!" I said to him in response of the question.

Hanging out with the guy wouldn't hurt, it could possibly take the few negative thoughts from my head away for a while. I took his hand and ran outside of the school with him. Despite how short he was, he caught up to my pace. Gladly, there's one near the school. I ran over there with Kokichi. I know the running wasn't necessary but, I just want these thoughts out!

We arrived and went inside, I asked him, "What kind of boba would you like?". "I'll j-just get a Taro M-Milk Tea." I nodded and told the cash register me and Kokichi's order. While then, Kokichi went and sat at a table waiting for me.

When I was done with my order I went to sit across from Kokichi, waiting to be called for my order. "Uh Kokichi?" I called to him. He shook his head and focused onto me as if he was ready to listen for what I had to say. "Do you have any idea why Shuichi is kind of... avoiding me?" I asked him seeing if he had the answer to my question. "Oh.. I-I actually never k-knew he w-was, I thought he w-was just talking to y-you when I wasn't around.." He told me. If he was lying right now then he would be really good at it, not that I doubt him or anything but I just wished he had the answer. "I see.." I said down.

"Number 136!" The cash register called to me. I looked at my receipt and it was me. I went up and grabbed our drinks and mouthed to them 'Thank you' then went back to my seat with Kokichi. I handed him my drink and he quietly said, "Thank you Y/N." I smiled and nodded at him. I should've hanged out with Kokichi more often before, my mind was literally just focused on Shuichi.

For an example:

"Hey, Shuichi did you get enough sleep?"

"Did you eat breakfast?"

"You at least drank water today, right?"

"Ignore them, they're probably jealous that we're friends because they don't have any."

"Don't bring yourself down!" -ect

You get it? I always worried about him.. I mean I guess I should stop now- wait, what if that's the reason he stopped talking to me?! He probably got so annoyed at that, that he has to avoid me..

I did it again.. it's not that I love him or anything.. and that one kiss was just to stop him from getting the look of despair. Just because I'm getting a break from him doesn't mean that I'm going to stop worrying about him.

"-don't know, he p-probably just has a b-big crush on h-her.." Kokichi said to me. Since when was Kokichi talking to me?! I feel so bad..

"Sorry Kokichi.. my mind was at a different place." I said to him apologizing. "O-Oh.. never mind that t-then.. it w-was probably u-unimportant to you.." Kokichi told me. "I'm very sorry but off topic, you can tell me when you want to leave, technically when you're finished with your boba." I told him.

Then he responded, "O-Oh, I finished it a w-while ago.."

"Do you want to go then?" I asked him. "I-Is it okay i-if I have a sleepover with y-you?" He asked me. I never thought Kokichi would be the type to want to have a sleepover. But with him I'm sure it'll be fun. I nodded to him, I can't wait for it!

(1159 word count- I summarized chapter 4 to the end of the story so, I might be more active since I have an idea what I'm going to write about. Also thank you to those who voted, it really gave me more motivation to write this story from beginning to end! ❤️❤️)