Chapter Thirty Three

You know sometimes when you're in that depressive phase and you think about death, and how you would die, well I always wondered, if I would grow old and die in my sleep, or if it would be tragic, gruesome, and painful.

Well, now I knew I was going to die being crushed by a car.

I closed my eyes.

I hope Castle is safe.

The car screeched to a halt.

I opened my eyes, only to be blinded by a pair of headlights. Car doors opened and slammed shut.

A worried young man walked out of the car. "Shit! What happened? Are you okay? Were you hit by a car?"

"I had an accident..." I began explaining.

There was a woman with him too who I assumed was his wife. She passed him a look before I heard her whispering, "Maybe it's a trap to rob us. We shouldn't get involved in this."

"Please..." I pleaded, "My husband was in the accident too. He might be injured. Help me get him to the hospital. At least let me call the emergency."

"Let's go, honey." She insisted, grabbing his hand and trying to pull him back inside the car.

The man looked torn between listening to his wife and doing what was right.

"Please." I had nothing to lose. If they refused to help me, I'd die anyway.

"Fuck it." He walked around the car and put one arm around me and the other below my knees as he lifted me.

"Wait! You have to help me look for my husband first," I told him. "He must be here somewhere."

The man looked at his wife. "Call the emergency. She's having wounds. I'm going to go look for her husband."

"You can't be serious, Shaun!" she shrieked.

"She clearly needs our help, Chelsea! Don't be such a cruel bitch."

"wow, I'm a cruel bitch now, do I have to remind you all the times that you—"

My head felt heavy, and I was losing consciousness. My vision was turning blurry, and they were going in and out of focus. I didn't have the luxury to be unconscious. I needed to make sure Castle was safe. I reached out towards them. My mind and body battling against each other while they continued to argue.

"Castle..." I choked out.

And then there was darkness surrounding me.

*~*

I opened my eyes to a hospital room. My arm was attached to an IV and there was no one around.

Who was I? I wondered.

Then it came to me. Oh, yes, I'm Millicent Davis and I live with my worthless perv uncle.

No, that's not right!

My breathing started picking up as I thought harder, racking my brain. Why was I in the hospital and what led me here?

I'm Millicent Montgomery.

That led me to question: Where's Castle?

I panicked and started scrambling out of bed when a nurse barged into the room and told me to calm down.

"But my husband..." I sniffed, "He was in the accident too. Where is he right now?"

"Lie down Mrs. Carter."

Mrs. Carter?

"Your husband is fine, but he's still unconscious. The doctors are doing their best."

Castle | ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara