Chapter Thirty One

Aster Montgomery's Journal 2

29th September

I'm heartbroken. Completely shattered.

I tried to kill Lorna. I can't imagine how low I would stoop. I was about to kill a human being out of jealously!

What if my children find out the truth? They would think I'm a monster! But I'm not. Loving your husband is not a crime.

I wanted to extract revenge from them. Suddenly, I'd become this evil person who would do anything to make sure the two won't be happy. I want to destroy them.

If I can't have Chris, neither can Lorna.

* ~*

1st October

I poisoned her coffee.

I shouldn't have done that, but I did.

And Lorna survived. She didn't drink the coffee and gave it to the other maid instead, who died.

They know I did it. They know I tried to kill her and she's threatened to call the media because she knows the police department would brush this underneath the carpet. She knew no one in town would dare touch a Montgomery. We are invincible. We have immense power.

* ~*

4th October

I have to leave. I have to disappear before she takes the news to the media and destroys me.

Dad would understand. Castle and Theo would know the truth. They are wonderful children and I guess I will have to accept my losses.

Lorna will be a good mother to them. I know I said she was evil, but really...I think when I see her now and how much I've caused her pain, I think I'm the evil one.All this while as I was plotting her demise, trying to poison her, she's been calm and looked hurt. She apologized to me and asked for mercy.

She says we could co-exist. She would never take Chris's affections for herself and she wants to continue the arrangement the way that it was. Chris would continue to live in the mansion with me, Devin and Dayana would still be my children, but Chris would also visit her occasionally.

She wants to share.

She wants to share the man I thought was only mine. I'm beyond hurt. I'm dying inside.

I can't take this anymore and so I'm going to leave. I want my children to know that I love them with everything that I have. Castle and Theodore would grow up to be handsome, powerful men. They would live up to the Montgomery name. And as for Devin and Dayana, I wish them well, too. I want them to succeed.

It's too bad I won't be here to see it.

This will be my last journal entry. I loved you, Chris, and forgive me for all the pain that I have given you.

I can't do this anymore.

* ~*

I turned pages, but there was nothing else written in the journal after that, which was a sign that she'd given up on Chris and left the family.

Not only her husband, but she'd abandoned her children too?

Was that the truth or was there something else that I wasn't reading clearly into this?

Did she commit suicide or did Chris had perhaps gotten her killed?

My mind was boggled with all the possibilities to the point where I couldn't sleep at night.