Chapter 476 - 480

Start from the beginning

“No need.” Elder Zhu put down the teapot. “I will be out visiting my former comrades for a few days.”

“That’s even better. Grandpa, I can accompany you. I don’t feel assured that you go by yourself.” The former comrades of his grandpa were of similar status to his grandpa. It would be good for him to know more about these people.

“Yes, Dad, let Yang Yang accompany you. If you go out by yourself, we will be worried.” Zhu Qin agreed. Zhu Baoguo was not the only one who was filial. Yang Yang was even more filial to his grandpa.

It was a pity that Yang Yang was after all the maternal grandson of Elder Zhu.

“No, we have already agreed that it will be a catch-up between us only this time. Nobody is allowed to bring anyone with them. I am no exception. Do you really think that I can’t take care of myself? Don’t worry. I won’t lose my way. I will be back in a few days.” Elder Zhu refused. He did not do it on purpose. The few of them had already agreed not to bring others with them.

They were former comrades and artillery troops. Some conversations and memories that they shared were not suitable for children to listen in.

Wang Yang forced a smile on his face. “Grandpa, are you really not going to bring me with you? Brother has gone to the army, and you refused to bring me with you. The summer break is so long. Who can I play with? Grandpa, can you bear to leave me behind?”

Elder Zhu hesitated for a short while. “Yang Yang, this won’t do. You are a young man. How can you be afraid of being by yourself? How is it possible that you have no friends? If not, you can give a call to your uncle and go to the army as well. Yang Yang, you are too thin and weak, just like your dad. As a man, you must have a strong and healthy body. You must exercise and train so that you can grow taller and stronger. Boys should not be feeble-looking. You will not be able to get a good wife in the future.”

Back then, Elder Zhu did not like Wang Qinglin as his son-in-law as he looked too feeble and weak, completely different from the men in the Zhu family. However, Zhu Qin liked Wang Qinglin for his scholarly mannerism and insisted on marrying him.

But Elder Zhu would not allow Wang Yang to grow up to be like Wang Qinglin.

Zhu Qin waved her hand continuously. “Dad, you must be too busy that you have forgotten that since a young age, Yang Yang is weaker than Baoguo. How can he withstand the tough training in the army? Since a young age, you would always leave my brother and me in the army. Now that I think about it, I can’t help but shudder. It was too terrifying. Don’t lead Yang Yang astray. Yang Yang, let’s go home now. When your brother returns, I will take both of you to Hong Kong to have fun.”

Elder Zhu was a soldier. Zhu Chengqi was a soldier as well. Since a young age, Zhu Qin had spent a lot of her time in the army. The first person she saw when she woke up and the last person she saw before she went to bed was the soldiers in the army. The sounds of their training, ‘one, two, three’, worked as her alarm to wake up and acted as her lullaby to sleep at night.

Because of the environment that she grew up in, Zhu Qin did not develop a love for the soldiers. Instead, she was very averse to them.

It was for this reason that she chose Wang Qinglin who was very different from the soldiers as her husband.

When things reached an extreme, they could only move in the opposite direction.

“Grandpa, I will go back with Mom first. When you return home, I will visit you again.” Wang Yang left with Zhu Qin in a hurry. He did not like the army and felt that life in the army was too tough.

He only needed to be clever enough to survive in the world. There was no need to be athletic. What was the use of being physically strong?

Zhu Baoguo was the best choice to train and exercise in the army.