Chapter 7: City Night Lights

Start from the beginning

"Act like a child." He repeated to her, "That's something I never experienced, but don't feel bad about it. That is just how it is."

"I remember you telling me a bit about your life. It's never too late to act like a child, you just have to make it happen." She told him.

He raised his eyebrow at her and gave a small smile to her surprise, "You know my childhood wasn't as boring as it seemed. Maybe I just emphasized a lot about the studying." He said to her, "You even remind me of an old childhood friend."

"Really how so?"

"Hmm...." He thought of an answer for a bit when it finally hit his head, "When I was younger I used to have a friend who would come to the palace every now and then. They were quite unique. A bit clumsy and they would trip, fall, some how get hit by random objects."

"Are they alive?" She questioned.

"Of course they are." He chuckled, "Every time they would get hurt they always had a smile on their face. For some reason, they were the ones who reminded me I was still a kid. They were probably the ones who kept me sane."

"Where are they now?"

He looked at her and closed his eyes, "They moved away from Valentino. But, trust me they're pretty close right now."

"Ah I see. Well I'm glad you had at least one friend. I almost thought you had none as a kid." She joked.

"Hey." He said to her.

"Hm?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Let me ask you one thing." He looked down to the waterst to look at the reflection of the moon shining brightly from the sky, "The reason why you don't want to go to Valentino, is it because of your Aunt?"

"I told you before—" she turned her head towards him.

"I heard you." He looked back at her, "But, somewhere inside of you it seems like you disagree with her. I mean you wouldn't be standing here right now if you didn't feel that way. You would've firmly turned me down. How do you truly feel about the situation?"

"I..."  she closed her eyes and all her thoughts came flooding through her head. She was a bit scared going to a new country, she felt like it would feel like before when she came to this country, "I just lack a lot...I mean your this whole public figure that has been training for what? Your whole life to where you are right now. If I go it's like throwing a small fish into the vast ocean. It's just like you said to me before, a person like me wouldn't last a day over there."

"You're overthinking it a bit. I'm not going to try to pressure you to go. But, the more you think about the worse things that could possibly happen, it'll get inside there." He poked her forehead, "Don't you want to see where your family is from, or at least your father? Don't you have some kind of curiosity to see what it's like over there?"

"Well when you put it that way,  yea. I just—"

"Why make up the same excuse when you already answered?" He crossed his arms to her, "I'm going to explain it again. I'm not quite the romantic, but I'd much rather be there with someone who isn't interested in marrying me or being with me, than some crazy girl who is obsessed with me or some girl just using me for power."

Lyrica looked down into the water and reviewed in her what he said. He said what she did wanted to say. Deep inside she wanted to meet her family, she wanted to see where she lives, she wanted to see what her life was like before she came. Then she told what first came up to her head.

"I would have to convince my aunt."

His eyes widened when she said that, because he knew at that moment she was on board with the idea.