Chapter Nineteen

"Wait a minute, I thought only males are alpha's" I say to him "Usually yes, and technically you are still a Beta because you are female but since your mate is not in our pack he cannot be alpha" he says "Okay but what I don't understand is how I am the Beta of one pack but the alpha of another pack that's dead" I say to him "Because your mother was born into the nightwalkers and never left while I was from another while hiding in a third pack for twenty years" he says and I stand up 

"This is making my head hurt...What about these special abilities?" I ask him "One of them being that you heal quickly, having strength when angry, and they're more that I'm not even sure about because it's different for men and women" he says and I run my hands through my hair.

"Why did you have to fake your death and hid from your kids?" I ask and he sighs "Someone found out about who I am and they were going to come after me so I faked my death before they found out about you kids".

"But they have found out in a way" I say and his eyebrows furrow "I was almost killed in my own home two days ago, Dad I killed my friend and her mate because my family is the first bloodline of Celtic werewolves and they wanted me dead because of that. And I need to why so I have a plan of what I should do with my kids if Ryan and I die, cause apparently Caleb and Jake aren't going to be harmed for some reason?" tears run down my cheeks.

"Your brothers are apart of the bloodline but they can't produce alpha's or beta's, that's why they're safe" he says "You have had this whole master plan for twenty years as if you knew that I was going to be a beta" I say and his head lowers "You knew? How did you know when I was a baby?" I ask.

"Alpha's have a special connection with our ancestors they come to us in times of need" he says "So our ancestors told you that I wasn't going to be Beta but an alpha?" I ask and he nods "Ember please sit down" he asks me and I do, "A few weeks before you were born Laignech spoke to me through a dream, and he told me that you would be in danger if I were in your life. As much as it killed me to do it...I knew he was right because your mother and I were not mates and that in itself is dangerous" tears fill his eyes.

"Then the night your mother went into labor with you she called me and I made sure that I was going to be there for that...Caleb was a few months old and Caleb and Jake's aunt came to stay with us for a while and they knew about you and encouraged me to go so I did" he wipes tears off his face.

"Then you were born a few hours later and your mother had fallen asleep, I just sat in a chair next to her bed with you in my arms and I heard Laignech told me that you were not going to be Beta." he grabs my hands "You were going to be the first female alpha in history because you are that strong" his face hardens "Ember you have power that I don't even know about, only time will tell and I will be there by your side to help you through it" he says and I cry "Do you want to meet my husband?" I ask him and he smiles before nodding "Then after that, I need to go see the boys and try my best to explain what's going on" he says and nods "There is more to this story but we need to get our family together first" he says and I nod "Let's go home".

We shifted into wolf form before I lead my dad back to my house "I'll stay out here for a minute" he says when we get to the back door and my head jerks towards him "We can speak to each other through wolf form?" I ask "Yes, I forgot that you have only been able to shift for a few days" he says "Can you turn around for a minute please?" I ask, and he does.

I shift back and put the clothes on that Ryan left out for me "I'm going to run inside and get you some clothes real quick" I tell him before running inside. 

"Ryan!" I shouted when I get through the door and he comes running into the living room "Is everything okay?" he asks "Yeah, I'm fine but um my dad is outside and he needs clothes for when he shifts back" I tell him and he runs upstairs before coming back down a minute later handing them to me, I go back outside and place the clothes on the porch steps "Just come inside when you're done" I tell my father before walking back in.

"I'm guessing it went well" Ryan says pulling me into a hug "A lot happened" I tell him "Where's Mark and Harry?" I ask him "They had a few things to take care of but said they would be back in a few hours" I open my mouth to respond to him but was interrupted by him "Ember your stomach!" he yells making me look down to see that my stomach that was flat this morning was round making me look to be about six months along instead of two weeks "What the hell happened?" I mumble to him from shock. 

My father walks in "You must be Ryan" he says and Ryan nods at him "What's wrong? he asks making me turn in his direction and pull my shirt tight against my body, he looks at my stomach and his eyes widen "Dad what's going on?" I ask him "It's been so long that I forgot" he mutters "Forgot what?" Ryan asks "In our side of the family when a woman turns when pregnant it speeds up the process, and the more you turn the quicker you'll give birth" he says and I feel my heart begin to race "Wait is that even safe for the babies?" I ask feeling my hands begin to shake. 

"They are just fine" my dad grabs my hands "How many times have you turned since being pregnant?" he asks "Three" I admit "And how long have you been pregnant?" I feel Ryan rub my back "Two weeks" Ryan answers "Okay so every time you turn it speeds up the gestational period by two months, so instead of the normal ten you will have the twins in about four months if you don't turn anymore" he says and I nod "I'm not going to turn, I refuse" I say and my dad pulls me into a hug "It's going to be okay princess".

Those words made me melt into his arms, I was never able to have the relationship most girls do with their father. "Okay we need to fill Ryan in on everything" I say when I pull away from him "Let's have you sit down first love, I don't want you to stress too much" Ryan kisses my head and holds me while we make our way to the couch. 

Good thing we have a while until Mark and Harry come back, I know Ryan has a lot of questions.

A/N: I hate to say this but I am taking a break from writing for a bit, I'm not going to stop writing altogether. I am just taking some time because my life has taken a dark turn sadly.

I lost my father in February of 2020 then my mother passed in December of 2020 and about the two-month mark of my mom's passing is roughly the same week as the one-year mark of my father's passing and I will admit my mental health isn't the best right now.

As some of you may know I am a senior in high school, I won't be 18 until March and then my graduation is two months from then so the next four months are going to be extremely stressful for me. I plan on updating this book within those four months but I really don't want to rush a chapter just to put it out there.

I like to take time on them and make sure they are worth reading and I am proud of them, and at the time of writing this note, I have lost my creative spark. I have spent my free time the past few days when I am not doing school work to read and that usually pulls me out of my rut.

In fact, I started Twilight for the first time Sunday and finished Thursday, and started New moon today (Friday) and I'm almost done with it because I was able to get ahead of my school work earlier in the week. I will be back as soon as I can just please bear with me ~Rae