Chapter Sixteen

Ryan and went home but only got as far as the couch so we could relax and watch movies, Mark had texted me a few minutes ago saying that he would like for me to have weekly ultrasounds for a few weeks to keep an eye on the babies considering the fact that I had changed while pregnant which has never been known to happen.

"When are we going to tell your family?' he asks me and I stay quiet for a second "I want to find my dad first so he can explain everything about the legend so I have all of the information and I think it might be best for me to tell my brothers that our father faked his death." I say crying, Ryan pulls me closer to him.

"How many more times am I going to have to deal with people I love that I was told had died just for them to come back and I have to act like I never felt the pain of losing them when they didn't actually die in the first place. And now I'm terrified of what will happen when they actually do pass" I cry harder and he holds me tightly, "I know honey and I am so sorry that it keeps happening to you" he says "I promise I will never do that to you" he says kissing the top of my head.

"I love you" I say pulling away from him to look him in the eyes "I love you too" he kisses me softly "And I am so excited for those babies" he says with a large smile on his face, "You say that now but just wait till I go through the mood swings, cravings, and the morning sickness" I say gazing into his eyes "Well I'm the one that got you pregnant so if you have to go through it then so do I" he says making me smile "You are so mushy" I say and he laughs lightly "We need to get to bed, I have a feeling you're going to be sore as hell in the morning" he says standing up "I don't want to get up, I'm comfortable" I whine playfully.

He grabs my hands "I know but if we go to our bed we snuggle till we fall asleep and we'll be even more comfortable" he says gently pulling me to my feet "Okay" I say holding his hand as we walk up the stairs to our room, we both go to the bathroom that's connected to brush our teeth.

"You haven't had morning sickness yet right?" he asks standing behind me as we brush our teeth "Now that I think about it I have but I didn't think anything of it at the time" I answer after rinsing the toothpaste out of my mouth "When did you have it the first time?" he says putting his chin on my shoulder and wrapping his arms around my stomach, "The morning of our wedding but I just thought it was me being nervous" I say putting my hands on top of his and he nods gently before walking to our bed and laying down on his back, I out of the bathroom towards the bed and he holds his arms out as an adorably silent way to say "Come cuddle".

I crawl across the bed and into his arms laying my head onto his chest as he wraps his arms around me "I know you're eager to see your dad and get some answers, but please rest for tomorrow at least. Just in case there is something wrong that we didn't catch today" he kisses the top of my head "Okay" I say with a deep sigh "A lot happened today and it's our honeymoon, we're supposed to relax and not be stressed and get used to being married and they ruined that for the day. Let's just take tomorrow to make up for today" he says gently making me nod.

He pulls the blanket over our body and he lightly runs the tips of his fingers up and down my arm making me fall asleep very quickly.

"Ember you are our only hope to save everyone" I hear an older man with a thick Celtic accent, I look around but I only see darkness "I don't know what to do" I answer "You do just listen to your heart and soul" his voice echos around me "But...I'm not strong enough" I confess "Leanbh...you are stronger than you believe you are, it is in your blood and heart. Just listen to your soul and you will succeed"  the voice feels very comforting and became quiet towards the end of his sentence. 

I wake up in Ryan's arms to see him still sleeping with a slight smile on his face making me smile myself before feeling my stomach flip.