Chapter One

*Ryan's P.O.V* 

Ember my beautiful mate moved into my house and I couldn't be happier, at one point I couldn't help but think "Why did Luna have me go through the whole thing with Hazelmere when Ember is my forever" but then I realized,

 if I hadn't of met Hazelmere I wouldn't have met Ember and if I hadn't I wouldn't be the man I am today because Ember made me this way she fixed me. I have so many feelings for her that I can't even explain.

Hazelmere, Jake, and Caleb went home a few hours ago, Ember and I are in the living room watching t.v with her curled up into my side with her head on my shoulder while I have my arm wrapped around her and all of the sudden I feel strong heat radiate off of Ember.

"Love are you okay?" I look down at her to see sweat beginning to form on her forehead "Yeah...I'll be right back" she says getting off of the couch and starts walking towards the bathroom 

Maybe she feels sick,

 but then she screams out in pain and her body hits the floor "EMBER!" I yell as I run over to her.

She keeps moaning in pain "What going on?" I ask her as her chest rises and falls quickly before screaming once again "SOMEONE GO GET A MEDIC!" I yell to one of the workers in the house, they run off the medic house across the street.

"It's going to be okay" I tell her as she moans from pain but she rolls onto her stomach and screams again 

Every time she screams it breaks my heart more and more because I have no idea what to do.

"What happened?" Mark the lead medic asks me "I don't know we were on the couch and she started sweating a lot, then she got up and headed to the bathroom but then she fell to the floor and has been screaming ever since" I tell him moving out of the way.

"We need to get her to a bed" he says picking her up "Where's your bedroom?" he asks "This way" I say leading him to the bedroom, he places her on top of the blanket "What's her name?" he asks me "Ember" I tell him.

"Ember what hurts?" he asks her "E-ev..." she began to say but screamed "Everything?" he asks and she nods, He puts his hand on her forehead and quickly draws back and shook his hand as if his hand burned 

What the hell is going on? 

"Ryan what's her rank?" he asks me "I...I don't know" I tell him 

I never thought to ask 

"O-Om.." she tried to say but grunts in pain "Are you trying to say "Omega?" Mark asks her.

She nods "Ember you're not an Omega" he says and I look at him "What's going on then?" I ask him "She's presenting as we speak" he says gently "As what?" I ask 

If she's not an Omega than what the hell is she and why is it hurting her so much? 

"A Beta...she's in heat" he says and my eyes widen "This pack hasn't had a true Beta in years" I say "I know, I was alive when the last true Beta died...right before your father met your mother and she stepped up as Beta" he says.

"Okay so she's in heat...what do we do?" I ask him "Um well I can give her something but it'll only help for a few hours" he says searching through his backpack that I didn't even notice was on him "How long will this last?" I ask him "A week if you don't..." he says looking nervous while filling a syringe with a dark blue liquid "If I don't what?" I ask as he puts the needle through her skin and her breathing slows.

"When a Beta goes into heat it means that her body is ready to bear children and until she gets some kind of  physical contact she'll be in a great deal of pain" he says as she relaxes and falls to sleep 

I guess the pain exhausted her,

"What kind of physical contact are we talking about?" I ask 

I just wanted to make sure I not thinking with a dirty mind.

He raises his eyebrow at me "Just double-checking" I say and he puts everything back in his bag, "We have to alert the rest of the council" he says making me nod "I know...can you tell them to meet me in my office immediately?" I ask him and he nods "Yes sir" he says before leaving the room.

I decided to call Erik and tell him what's happening

 "Hello?" he says sounding half-asleep "Hey it's Ryan but something happened to Ember" I say "Before I say anything she's okay" I say to not worry him too much, "Okay" he says "Well she was sweating a lot and then fell to the ground screaming and I had Mark my Theta look at her and he said that she has presented as a Beta...I just wanted to tell you and she's sleeping now but I have to go talk to the council right now" I tell him "Alright" he said "I gotta go-Bye" I say  "Bye" he says before I hang up.

I look at Ember to see her sleeping peacefully, I lean down moving the hair away out of the way before kissing her forehead, I carefully walk out of the room and to my office "Ryan what's going on?" Eddy my Epsilon asks me "As many of you know, I have a mate named Ember" I say walking to the desk "Tonight we were in the living room and I could feel heat radiate off of her, then the next thing I know she's on the ground screaming from intense pain...I had Mark take a look at her and he's told me that she is, in fact, a Beta" I say and they gasp.

"We haven't had a Beta in thirty years" Harry one of the Gamma says making me nod "This means we have to have the presentation sooner than we want" Eddy says "And you have to marry Ember shortly after you present" 

I'm sorry what? 

"What?" I ask him "You have to marry Ember as soon as possible for her protection and your's" Harry says.

"It's late...we'll talk about this later" I tell them and they begin to leave the room "Ryan" Mark says as everyone exits "I know this is going to embarrass you since you're still a teenager but...you're going to have help Ember through her heat" he says before leaving the room.