Relations and Masterminds

Warning: Abuse

"Kacchan!" Izuku runs after Bakugou as he looks back at him with a glare. "What?" He asks as the freckled boy flinches. "I..I need to tell you something. M-my quirk...I got it from someone else. I can't tell you who, but I know it maybe hard to believe, it's like something from a comic book except it's true. On top of that. I can't control it very well. During our match, I tried to not use it but in the end I had to. But I'm determined to make it my own so I can beat you with my own power!" Izuku explains.

"Well that just confirmed my theory on who All Might's successor was." L thought to himself as he walks away.

Watari is parked in front of the gates, L walking towards it as the older man stands outside the car with the back seat door open. Before he reaches it, someone grabs his wrist, he quickly turns around to be face to face with Todoroki who glares at him.

"What was all that during the training?" He asks, his grip on L's wrist tightening. L stares at him blankly. "I know your endeavour's kid." The expression on the peppermint boys face turns into an expression of disgust. "And that your other quirk is fire, it was pretty obvious." L explains. "So what? Why did you say all that?" Todoroki asks with force. L looks at the ground.

"Because I can relate to you." He replies. Todoroki's eyebrows scrunch together, showing an expression of confusion. "How? You don't even know me!" Todoroki says, his voice rising. The tired male sighs. 'So many questions.' He thought. "You'll figure it out soon enough. But keep in mind about what I said back there. Don't let him get to you. Like he did with me." L says, muttering the last part. "I'm not very fond of him either." L slips out of todoroki's grip. "See you tomorrow." L says as he begins walking away. Todoroki stood there as he saw the black car drive away.

"What are you trying to accomplish, y/n?" He mutters, as he continues home.

~~

"I'm glad you made a friend." Watari says as L crouches in his seat while sipping his tea. "I wouldn't call him a friend, Watari. More...someone I can relate to." L replies. "How so?" The older man asks. "Endeavour ruined both of our lives." L says as Watari flinches, it being barely noticeable. "I know whatever he's gone through has corrupted him, I don't want him to make the same mistakes I did." L explains. "Are you really adding that to the real purpose you're at UA?" Watari asks. "I must use my time there wisely, I don't want a future hero to have their purpose of being there just because they were forced to." L explains. "I see." Watari bows and exits the room.

~~

"But keep in mind about what I said back there. Don't let him get to you. Like he did with me."

"SHOTO!!!"

Todoroki flinches and looks at his father with a feared look in his eyes. "You lost during your hero training?" He asks with a glare. Todoroki hesitantly nodded, his bangs forming a shadow over his eyes. "By some kid by the name of y/n? He beat you so easily! And with a crappy quirk like the one he has!" Endeavour yells, ranting. Todoroki clenches his fists. 'Don't let him get to you, don't let him get to you.' He constantly repeated in his head. "Stand up." Endeavour growls as todoroki stands up while shaking. The fire hero slaps todoroki acrossed the face, the force bringing Todoroki to the ground. The boy snaps his head towards his father as water forms in his eyes, his jaw clenched.

"No son of mine loses to him." Endeavour growls. Todoroki takes the courage to ask, "D-do you know him f-father?" He asks, stuttering as he said it. Endeavour puffs out his chest and crosses his arms. "I did. His family anyway." Todoroki looked at him in confusion. "His family were all criminal masterminds of the sort. It was my mission to take them down, not to mention it was classified so not many besides the underworld knew of them." Endeavour explains with disgust. "W-what happened?" Todoroki asks.

Todoroki's POV-

If what father is saying is true, could y/n be a traitor to UA? It's possible not to mention a lot of people want to kill All Might. But y/n didn't seem to have a problem with him, although, he did have one with father, but why?

Third Person POV-

Endeavour sighs and thought back on that mission, the mission itself gave him nightmares for months after, and almost killed him. "His parents and there clan fought me and the other pros that were on the case, by mission was to find there kid, using him to make them all give up since we knew we couldn't win, as annoying as it was, I knew that. They were all strong. His parents had insane quirks and a lot of power." Endeavour explains. "D-did you ever find y/n?" Todoroki asks. Endeavour expression darkens.

"I found him in a basement, bruised and bleeding. When I crept closer, he looked at me with fear, and started to scream. His quirk began to activate on its own, it almost killed me, but I activated my own quirk and it made him shut up real quickly. Apparently his parents were abusing and experimenting on him." Endeavour explains. "Why?" Todoroki questions. "His quirk has the ability to drain people's quirks, a lot of different clans and gangs were trying to get a hold of him because of that. When his parents discovered me with him, they used their quirks against me, again, they almost killed me so I had to kill them, there wasn't much I could do. They cornered me and attacked. But the kid...saw it all. His quirk activated again and he drained every source in the room, he almost completely drained my own quirk and life force. But eraserhead entered the scene and erased his quirk." Endeavour explains.

Todoroki sat there in disbelief and was frozen in his spot. 'So that's why he hates father so much.' He thought. "What happened after that?" Todoroki asks. "From what I heard, he escaped police custody and some old man took custody of him. His crimes went valid after 4 years. He disappeared from the world, but the case re-opened when y/n filed for UA." Todoroki eyes widen.

'So the pros and police are going to try and get custody of him. Why haven't they yet? Not the right time or...does the police know him more then just attempted murder of the number 2 hero? If that's the case, whatever his purpose is...they're using him.' He thought with shock.

"Shoto." Todoroki looks up at Endeavour. "Stay away from that boy. He's dangerous, but one day, you might have to fight him like I did with his parents. I must prepare you for that day." Endeavour explains. 'I don't want to fight him.' Todoroki thought. "Of course, Father." He replies.

~~

L sneezes. "Is someone talking about me?" He mutters.