I stepped out with a gentle smile on my face. Mac had instantly noticed my pressence as soon as my shoes sounded against the pavement. He ran towards me, tackling me into a hug.

"It's been to long, Applehead!" He yelled, making me laugh in excitement.

"It has!" When we pulled away, I ruffled his hair a little bit. "How have you been? I think I've missed.... how many birthdays?"

"Too many!," he said dramatically. I can see his mother walking towards me with a bright smile. "I'm turning fourteen next month! I deserve a super soaker or two!"

"I will buy you as many as you want, as long as you're staying out of trouble," I said, just as his mother, Patricia, stood with us. "Has he?"

"He's trying." She chuckled.

Mac shook his head while looking down. "I've been good! I promise!"

I hummed, barely believing him. Mac was a prankster. I just knew that he was home causing trouble.

"He couldn't stop talking about coming back here," Pat said as we shared a hug. "As soon as he was let out of summer school, he was already heading to the car!"

"How was summer school?" I giggled.

"Boring. I'm ready for some real fun now!" Mac rubbed his hands together with a mischievous grin. "Where's Ana?"

"Flying," I replied, gently pushing him towards the door. "Let's get inside. Pat, are you hanging around for a bit?"

She sighed as she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet. "I wish I could, Mike, but I have to finish up some work for the week. Kit and I will definitely be back over the weekend if that's okay?"

"You guys are welcomed here anytime, Pat. Just call to remind me."

We said our goodbyes for the time being before finally entering the house. Raye took Mac's sleepover bag and headed upstairs to place it inside of one of the guest bedrooms. Mac ran around the house seemingly looking for everyone.

I took a seat in the living room, grabbing for the remote. It hasn't been a full hour since they've been gone and it was already feeling a little dull in the house. I dreaded when the night falls. Oh, will the loneliness hit then.

Ten minutes later, Mac came and sat down next to me huffing out of tiredness. "It's like a cemetery in here!"

"Tell me about it." I shook my head slightly. "Do you want to go out and ride the rides?"

"I was hoping to prank everyone here, but everybody is gone." As he crossed his arms I laughed. "And where's Maddy?! She's the first one I talk to when I come, not Raye!"

"You don't like me anymore, Mac?" Raye said as she walked towards us with her fingers laced together.

He quickly shook his head. "I never said that, Raye. Maddy's my girlfriend and mommy taught me to speak to your woman first before anyone when you go and see her."

I smiled and placed my hand on his shoulder. "You're too clever for you own good, Mac." I stood from my seat. "Let's go and get us something to eat."

As I took a step I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around seeing Raye nervously standing with a small smile on her face.

"Yes, Raye?" I raised my eyebrows.