Oops. I bet he thinks I'm no fun.

"Sorry. You're just so comfy." I admit.

He bites his lip to keep from smiling. "Did you get a good nap?"

"I did." I say.

Without missing a beat, he asks, "Remember the first time you fell asleep on me?"

"I do. On Anson's couch. It was a low point for me."

He makes a face.

"It seems like forever ago!"

Bryce sighs. "I was crazy about you after that."

"Only after?" Now I make a face.

I feel him take a breath. "I liked that you felt safe near me. You made me feel safe, too."

That causes me to look at him. He shrugs his shoulder, done with the conversation. I watch his face as he focuses in on the screen again. His jaw is sharp. His little pupils narrow at the light.

After a second, he notices me watching him. "Are you not watching the movie at all?" He frowns a little.

"Nope." I shrug. "Falling asleep ruined it."

"We don't have to stay and watch it."

It's not that it's not interesting... but I really do love spending time with Bryce here, to the point that it's distracting.

"You looked so intent on seeing everything unfold, I just thought it was cute."

"I've seen this movie five times already!"

I fake a surprised gasp. "Then what's the point of seeing it again?"

"Cause this time I'm seeing it with you!"

Boys.

"Fair enough." I say, resisting the urge to do my Cody Ko voice impression.

I guess seeing it with different people somehow makes it different. Or maybe it's not about the movie at all.

"I'm glad you did this for me tonight, but honestly I would've been happy in just an empty parking lot. I like spending time with you."

"For real? An empty parking lot? I can arrange that." Bryce jokes.

"Honestly Bryce, I like doing anything with you." My voice is soft. "Even nothing."

"I like doing nothing with you too." His lips screw into a smirk. "Wanna go do nothing together?"

"Now?"

"Why not? Neither of us need to see the movie's ending. I don't want you falling asleep again."

"Okay..." I giggle. Bryce quickly starts the truck and backs out of our spot. I watch with growing curiosity as we leave the drive-in altogether.

Where are we going? I wonder.

After two minutes of driving through the dark town, he pulls into the empty mall parking lot.

"Wow." I nod. "This is a parking lot."

"Let's let nothing commence." He puts his hands behind his head and relaxes. I want to laugh.

He spent time, energy, and money on the drive in date, and we end up here?

"What even are we doing tonight?!" I exclaim, looking out of the window. "Someone is going to see this car and think we're suspicious."

"Just rock it back and forth and no one will wonder what we're doing."