chapter eight

Date night boisss

You sleep in pretty late, waking your lazy ass up at 11:30am. You put on some coffee and answer the absurd amount of texts from Aisha and Jess. Obviously, they're bombarding you about the date you have with Jordan tonight.

A part of you is nervous but the other part is excited to get back into dating. You haven't had a boyfriend in a while, and honestly the last wasn't a very good experience. You can't handle pushy people, probably because you're so damn stubborn. This guy was a complete asshole. But you are excited to get a new start.

You're trying not to get your hopes up about Jordan. He seems pretty nice and chill, but if he isn't for you, you need to make sure you don't get many feelings at all. Feelings aren't very cool. One date. It's just one date. Maybe two if it goes well and maybe more if that one goes well too. But it's important to know that it could be shit and you'll still be alone. Which is fine. Alone is comfortable. Comfortable means in control.

Anyway, after drinking some coffee, you sit on the couch making a mental checklist of everything you need to do. Your mind is racing a million miles a minute trying not to psych yourself out and also thinking about a bunch of other things. Somehow, you always have at least 20 things on your mind at all times.

You finally decide to step into the shower, making the water slightly warmer than normal so the steam can soften your skin and allow your shave to be smoother and pores opened.

You shampoo through your hair, making it nice and clean. The light scent of rose filling the air. You use your coconut conditioner and brush through your wet hair while the product is still in. Using your brush as a microphone, you sing along with the music playing from your phone on the counter. You tie your hair up in a little bun to let the conditioner set in and make your slight curls silky and smooth.

You scrub and exfoliate your legs before lathering up with cream and shaving them bare. You shave other parts of your body, and eventually you feel like a lovely dolphin. You wash your face then lather up your whole body with smelly good body wash. Finally, you rinse off the conditioner and soap, and step out of the shower.

After drying off your body and lotioning up, you put on a robe, just to feel extra saucy, then use some curl cream in your hair and let it air dry most of the way.

Dancing and singing along to your playlist, you move around your apartment trying to get hype for tonight. After a bit, you finally decide to start on your hair. You like to straighten it because it feels more classy, so you apply some heat protectant and get to work.

You change out of the robe and into a matching set of blue bra and underwear, they aren't entirely hot, but you don't plan on having sex right away anyway. While doing your makeup in the mirror, you remind yourself that you're that bitch. You actually feel really good standing in matching underwear and getting all dolled up. You make your makeup look a little more bold tonight.

The time for the date is getting closer and closer. You head to your closet and grab the outfit you had picked out. The grid printed jacket/blazer and a black dress. You slip on the clothes, careful not to get makeup on them. The dress hits about two inches above the knee. Looking in the mirror, you push aside all the body insecurities you have. You look great.