chapter thirty-two

Jess ended up spending the night, and you wake up with your head laying on her chest. You sit up and laugh. "Were you comfy, baby girl?" she jokes.

You roll your eyes and head to the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee. Jess plops down on the couch and you follow suit after hearing the coffee start brewing.

"So New Year's Eve party, huh?"

"Yeah. You should come," you smile.

"I would love to, but I have plans."

"Ugh. You're too busy for me," you say, fake pouting.

"Says you. Anyway, you plan on kissing anyone tomorrow night?"

"My pillow. Maybe Aisha."

"Is Matthew going to be there?"

"I don't think so. Why?"

She sighs, giving you a wiggle of her eyebrows. "Because you clearly feel something for him."

You contemplate arguing and denying, but instead you say  "How is it that you just know things?"

"I learned how to read minds in college," she winks. "I can tell, Y/n. I've been able to tell from the start."

"Your best friend instincts are so annoying sometimes."

"You love me."

"Bite me."

"Gladly," Jess winks again.

"I'm going to tell him. Eventually."

"Good, or I'll have to beat your ass."

"Want to help me pick an outfit?"

"Yes," she hops up, leading you to your room. She sits on the bed and watches as you hold up a few outfit choices.

Jess's phone rings and she talks for a moment then hangs up. "Dammit Logan," she sighs. "I've got to go cover a shift. I'll see you later." She kisses your cheek playfully and leaves your apartment.

You're pretty bummed she can't come to the party tomorrow, but you're happy she'll be with the girl she loves. The party should just be the cast and spouses and a few other friends of AJ's since it's her party. From what Aisha told you, Matthew will still be in Vegas until next week. Which you suppose might be for the best because you can get drunk instead of worrying about him.

The script for the next episode was sent to you yesterday and you're excited to read it. It'll be great to get back to work and jump into the Criminal Minds world again.

_____
You look into the mirror,  you look pretty good if you do say so yourself. Jess did a good job helping you pick out what to wear.

A black mid-thigh length dress that hugs your curves, black opaque tights, and black boots is what you're wearing. For makeup, you have gold on your eyelids for the holiday and the rest is pretty natural. You curled your hair earlier today, so you just fluff it out now. Before leaving your apartment, you throw on a grey trench coat type blazer.

You drive to AJ's house and are greeted by her and her husband. You smile, happy to see them after a while. Their kids are at AJ's sister's house. Aisha is making drinks in the kitchen.

"Margaritas?"

"You know it," Aisha winks. "It's good to see you, kiddo."

You roll your eyes with a smile. "Make me something strong."

"Yes ma'am."

Paget comes in dancing with a bottle of champagne. She kisses AJ's cheek before coming over to you two.