chapter twenty-five

The last touches of your makeup are applied, and it's almost time for the interview. Nerves gnaw at your stomach, but you ignore them. Jeff's words of encouragement run through your mind to ease the worries.

"She's ready for you," you're told by the interviewer's assistant.

You nod your head and follow her to the room. Cameras and lights are set up facing two cushioned chairs. In between the chairs, which are partly facing each other, is a table with two water bottles. The interviewer, Catherine, takes a seat and gestures for you to do the same. You sit down in the cushioned maroon seat adjacent from her. The two of you shake hands and introduce yourselves, even though you know who each other are.

"Thank you for coming in today."

"Thank you for having me," you say with a smile.

"Okay so let's just get straight into it. First we'll do some basic questions to get to know you, and then we'll get a little bit deeper into the interview."

You nod your head, "Sounds good."

You cross your left leg over the right, smoothing down your pants and turn to Catherine with a smile.

"So where are you from?"

"I'm from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I was born there and lived there until college."

"Okay cool. Was it a big change moving from the east to west coast?"

"It was, yes. I went to NYU for college so it wasn't that big of a change from my hometown to university, but going from New York to LA was a huge change in scenery and just lifestyle in general. I had to get used to sunny hot weather even in early winter." You chuckle a bit.

"I visited New York and it snowed in April, so I understand the weather change thing," Catherine chuckles too. "So this role in Criminal Minds is your biggest one yet, correct?"

"Yep. I was in a short film while doing university, and then I did a show in Brooklyn for a bit. So this is my first big project and my first big thing in Los Angeles."

"Wow it must be so exciting. What was running through your mind the day you found out you got the part? Like what were you doing that day?"

"Ooh," you think for a moment. "I was back home in Philly with my family, and I think we were just about to go out to eat. When the call ended, I just screamed and like started crying, and I'm pretty sure my little sister thought I was dying," you laugh. "I was just a bundle of emotions. It was so surreal... still is."

"So your character Delilah was only supposed to be on for a few episodes, right?"

You nod your head.

"Were you like super shocked when you were brought back?"

"Yes I was. I almost started bawling again. It was so crazy."

"I'm sure it was even crazier when you got to come back for the next season, huh?"

"Definitely. I'm still pinching myself every day."

Catherine chuckles. "So a little birdy told me that Delilah is a possible love interest for Dr Reid, can you confirm this?"

"You'll just have to watch and see," you shrug with a smile.

"Darn okay. So there's been a few photos on the internet of you and the cast, have you gotten close to them?"

"Yeah they've sorta welcomed me as one them. They're all amazing."

"Is there a certain cast mate that's been extra special to you?"

You know what she's getting at. "Well Aisha actually has been like a big sister to me on set, and we've gotten pretty close."

"You know I couldn't not ask this, there's a rumor going around saying you and Matthew Gray Gubler might have a bit of a romantic relationship. Is this true?"

"Nope. Sorry to disappoint, but Matthew and I are just friends. There's nothing there at all."

"You've heard it here guys, Y/n and Matthew are not a thing."

You smile awkwardly.

"So there's no one in your life in that way?"

"I don't really have time for relationships. I'm just focused on my career and getting more successful."

"I mean as you should."

You chuckle.

"Well thank you for joining us today."

"Of course. This was a new experience for me."

"You did great."

"Thank you."

Catherine informs you that this interview will be posted online sometime next week.

Wow, that was something. You feel like you were super awkward, but hopefully it wasn't that noticeable. You're glad she wasn't super pushy with personal questions.

You need to go home and pack the rest of your things for the plane trip home. Your flight leaves in four hours.

Once you get home, you only have three hours until your flight is supposed to leave. Stupid traffic. You pack your carry on quickly and eat a snack. You change into joggers and an FBI hoodie AJ got you. You triple check to make sure everything is ready, and then you head out of your apartment. Jess has agreed to look after your place a few times while you're gone.

You check in at the airport and you're on the plane just thirty minutes after the plane was scheduled to leave. They're not running behind for once.

You text your mom to tell her you're on the plane. After it sends you see you have a text from Matthew. "Have fun in Philly." You smile, not sure why he said it.

"Have fun is Vegas," you text back.

"Oh I will" he sends with a winky face.

You know he's kidding, he's not the gambling type. You chuckle, turn your phone on airplane mode, plug in your head phones, and lean back. You have the isle seat, and you're next to a teenage girl and her mother.

After a bit, the plane takes off and the city shrinks under you.

990 words. i'm going to try and post more chapters closer together. hope this wasn't super boring. thank you to everyone who was sending kind messages on the last chapter. i'm over the breakup now and i'm feeling pretty good. i've realized a lot about how i wanna be treated and how i should treat a partner as well. anyway, love you guys