chapter forty- four

go check out my new story, "Conflict of Interest"!! ;)

Matthew's flight leaves for back home tonight. You don't want him to leave, but you're also proud he'll be working on a short film.

The two of you sit across from each other at a cafe. You'd decided to get a late breakfast, early lunch.

Your mind is distancing itself from the moment unintentionally.

A part of you, a part you keep ignoring and trying your best to push away, keeps thinking it might be best if you two maybe take a little break. From each other.

That way you both could focus on working and growing your careers without the pressure and stress of a relationship. But how do you tell Matthew this?

"Yo, earth to Y/n," he waves a hand in front of you.

You snap out of your thoughts. "Sorry."

"You okay over there?" Matthew tilts his head gently.

"Yeah, yeah," you give him a small smile. "Perfectly okay."

He nods, not wanting to pry.

_____
"You're so cute," he says, looking up at you from his spot, head in your lap.

You run your hands through Matthew's soft waves. "No, you're so cute."

The two of you talk as you braid his hair. It's this moment that makes you realize you don't want a break from him. You were just getting scared you wouldn't be able to pull off the long distance. But you know that love takes work and you have to fight for it in situations like these.

A wide grin spreads across your face as you lean down to kiss him softly.

"I love you," he looks up at you with big hazel eyes.

"I love you too, so much."

Matthew and you go for a walk around the park, holding hands and people watching as you do so.

Eventually, you have to see him off to the airport. You ride with him, holding his hand the whole way there.

"I don't want you to leave."

"I don't want me to leave either," he pouts.

"So just stay here. We can become a cute british couple."

He chuckles softly. "Walk me to the doors?"

"Yes sir, I will."

When the time comes, the two of you get out of the cab and walk toward the airport entry.

"Just pack me in your suitcase. I'll squeeze in."

"All right, hop inside," he jokes.

You wrap your arms around his neck. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too, so much," he squeezes your torso lightly. "All right, baby, I've got to go."

"Nooo."

He pulls away slowly and presses his lips softly to your forehead. "I love you, sweetheart. I'll see you soon, okay?"

You nod with a slight sniffle. "I love you."

Matthew kisses you quickly then rubs his thumb along your cheek bone. "I'll call you when I land in Vegas. Maybe, I'm not sure what time it'll be for you."

"You better," you give him a fake angry look. "You should go check in."

"I should."

"Okay, okay, go before I don't let you."

"Bye," he presses his lips together in a half ass smile.

"Bye, baby."

515 words. i hate this chapter sm but i'm trying to put something. the next chapters will most likely be months ahead.