chapter seventeen

After filming today, you and Matthew are going to hang out. You're so looking forward to it...

Delilah rests her head on Spencer's chest as they watched tv on the couch. It's the weekend, Delilah took a day off and Spencer wasn't called in for a case. Instead of going on a date, the two decided to stay in and just enjoy each other's company.

Delilah pushed herself off of Spencer with her hand on his chest. She sat back on her knees staring down at him.

"What?"

"You're so pretty," she says.

"Thank you?" He furrows his brows with a smile.

"You're very welcome."

"Come here, beautiful." He says, opening his arms back for her to lay back down. She obliges, laying her head on Spencer's chest after giving him a soft kiss on his mouth.

____
You go home before anyone else since you don't have anymore scenes for the day. You stop by Dunkin to get a coffee, and sadly see that Jess is off today. You head back to your apartment.

When you get home, you plop down on the couch dreading the night ahead of you. It's around 4 o'clock in the afternoon when you get a text from Matthew saying he can't wait for tonight. He's so weird.

You hang out around the apartment, watching tv, snacking a bit, and cleaning up, until around 6 when you decide to take a shower. You press play on your favorite playlist which consists of 90s R&B, modern day sad shit, and some random other songs.

You step into the shower, letting the water soak you. You wash your hair and body, shave a bit, wash your face, and step out to moisturize. While still wrapped in the towel, you apply product to your hair, scrunch it, and tie in up in a wrap.

Time to pick out an outfit. You slip on a pair of light blue underwear and a white bra, you couldn't find the matching set and quite frankly didn't care. (i literally hate the word panties💀

You rummage through your closet, searching for something decent to wear. You don't really know what you're doing for this "hanging out" shit, but you know you should probably dress... not in sweats. You grab a pair of black skinny jeans from your dresser, a white t shirt with a floral design at the neckline, and a army green bomber jacket with flowers scattered across it. Just before doing your makeup, you slip into the jeans. You do a light makeup look and take your hair out of the wrap, the light curls fall down nicely. You get dressed in the rest of your clothes and slip into a pair of black combat boots.

Matthew shows up not long after with a knock on your apartment door. "Ready for our date?" he leans against the door frame, almost stumbling over.

You roll your eyes. "Not a date." You grab your cross-body purse, and head out the door, not waiting for him.

"Definitely a date."

"Not a date," you turn around, pointing your finger at him.

He puts his hands up in surrender, and the two of you head down to the parking lot. He opens the door for you, and you get into the passenger's seat.

"Well that was nice."

"Yes. Spencer seems to be much nicer than me." Matthew winks while starting up the car.

"So where are we going?" You say when you get into the night traffic of Los Angeles.

"Surprise."

You look over to him. "Where?"

"Just to a little restaurant then we're going to watch a movie."

"What movie?"