3

Isabella's pov:

The weather is rough and wind blew through the exposed hole of my car window that seemed to never fully shut.

"this car is a piece of shit" I mumble under my breath. I'm currently sat parked infront of a coffee shop called "Tululas coffee house" I hate that name, but it's the place I work to earn my small wages.

i let out a big sigh before grabbing my apron and purse and lifting my small body out of the car. I begin shivering as I've stupidly forgotten to bring a coat with me but I still make my way indoors where I'm greeted by a man with square glasses and a man bun.

"ISABELLA!!!" the man with the square glasses yelled so the whole shop was able to hear.

"Hi toby" I manage to say back. He has a tight grip around me and his arm is digging into the bruise that I have hidden with a long-sleeved turtle neck under my slipknot shirt. I squeal a little.

"Are you okay?" Toby asks with concern coating his words.

"yeah I'm fine I just want to get work over with" I reply.

"Well follow me then" He says with a smile although concern still remained in his eyes.

---------------------------------------

It's currently 6:35 and I'm helping shut the coffee shop with Toby by my side when my ringtone loudly plays the song "Me inside".

it's my mum.
oh no this isn't gonna be good.

(*TW verbal abuse*)
I use my already shaking hands and hesitantly answer the call.
"Hello" I say quietly hoping Toby won't hear.
"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!" my mother roars down the phone.
"work." I reply,emotionless.
"Don't get cocky with me misses! your suppose to be fucking home looking after the house.I'm going out with my friends tonight so I won't be home but by time I am your ugly scrawny little ass better be fucking home. AND THIS KITCHEN BETTER BE CLEANED!" my mother aggressively spits the venomous words at me.
Before I could reply she had already hung up. I stood there. I didn't know what to do my whole body felt stiff.

For weeks I had planned running away but I've never had the chance but now is my golden ticket to freedom and I already have a pre packed bag with all my favourite clothes and items in it.

I run over to Toby franticly.
"woah there Isabella is everything okay?" worrying spat with his words.

"Toby I'm running away I'm sorry and I love you but I can't deal with the shit that goes on. I'm trapped Toby I'm fucking trapped. She won't let me leave so I need your help. please Toby I need to run away. All I need you to do is come to my place and keep an eye out for my mum's car whilst I grab my things. Oh please Toby this is my only chance and i-"

"WOAH Isabella calm down okay breathe it's alright. May I ask what's going on?" Toby responds

"My mother she's an alcoholic and usually....takes her anger out on me....ever since dad died she blames it all on me and now hasn't stopped hurting me since, I'm sorry I lied to you Toby I didn't go on holiday she had hurt me so badly that I couldn't move I'm sorry"

Toby stays silent. Suddenly I feel his arms wrap around my waist tight as if to protect me. Tobys always been there for me, I'm so lucky to call him my best friend.

-------------------------------------

Me and Toby are pulled up outside my driveway as the music of the radio plays quietly in the back.

"Go in I'll be right here" he says as he gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Thank you."

I move quickly and unlock the old wooden door and run up to my bedroom and into my closet where I hid my pre packed luggage but of course I need to grab a few extra things such as my priceless posesions such as a photo of me and Toby when we where at my 6th birthday party, a year before dad died.

A tear slips down my cheek but I manage to quickly write a note and place it on the counter top in the kitchen. The note read:

fuck you mum. fuck you for everything you put me through. Dad's death was not my fault and you have and had no right to punish me for 12 years of my life . I'm 19 mum I don't fucking need you. I'm leaving and I'm not coming back. Fuck you for making me feel so much guilt for something that wasn't my fault, I'm not doing it anymore. I'm sorry. I loved you
- Isabella

I feel a massive boulder realise from my shoulders, I needed to say that i needed her to know what she put me through.
I look up and check the time it's 8:00pm, I sigh one last time and look around the empty unclean house that I use to call home. I turn around looking at the door and grab the handle, twisting it and leaving and head towards my old Ford Focus' s door.

"hey are you okay. how are you feeling?" Toby questions

"I feel free Toby. I'll drive you home"

and I do exactly that, Toby didn't live far anyway and soon enough we where outside his home.

"Well this is goodbye" I say with dred
"Don't you dare forget about me Toby Smith"

"I won't as long as you don't. Oh god I'm gonna miss you Issy. Message and call me every day or I'll find you and kick your ass"

"of course I won't forget, also you couldn't harm a fly...you eat pineapple on pizza for fuck sake!" I jokingly say

"IT'S GOOD OKAY" he giggles.

We hug each other for about 10 minutes and then he gets up and walks towards his door but shoots glances at me every now and then with dred but happiness that I finnally get to be free.

Once Tobs entered his home I start the engine of my car and pop in one of my avenged sevenfold cds and drive off into the distance.

I'm finally free.

authors note: Hey y'all! I thought I would release another chapter today as the other one wasn't very long I hope y'all enjoyed this tho! thank you so much for reading my fan fic and don't worry slipknot will be in it very very soon :) but for now I hope y'all have a great day or night xxx