🐠Chapter Eight🐠

Over the next few days Kirishima and I surfed as well as went paddleboarding. We always met at the north shore, every morning at about nine-thirty. We were both usually a but sleepy when we arrived, but going in the water woke us up.

Hanging out was really fun, and I could tell Eijirou was having a good time too. He taught me some stuff, and taught him some things as well, and our relationship seemed to grow. I mean friendship, I dont know why I thought that.

Today was the sixth day we were supposed to meet up. And as I set my board down against a tall palm tree, Kirishima was nowhere to be found. At first, I checked my surroundings to see if I was in the wrong area.

Nope, the sand still had the dents from our feet and bodies as we laid down in the sand just days before. Even shitty hair's sand castle still stood strong.

"Shitty hair! Kirishima!" I called out to him, but heard no answer. This frustrated me, and I went into the small amount of forest that guarded this part of the island.

After making my way to his house in a matter of minutes, I walked up to the door. I was about to knock, but heard yelling inside. It was Kirishima's uncle, I knew that for sure.

"....that boy. He's a bad influence on you and I can tell what kind of boy he is. We talked about this earlier, he's not like us!" The older man hissed, and I heard something sturdy and wooden fall to the floor.

Maybe it wasn't the best time to have been there, I probably should've left. For a strange reason I couldn't comprehend, my shoulder lifted my arm. Which lifted my fist.

Three knocks on the door, and then silence filled the inside of the home. It was either that or whispers, but to be honest I didnt care either way. I needed to see Kirishima, and needed to get him away from his uncle. Even if it was for a day, I knew it'd help.

The door opened, and Eijiro's uncle stood in the doorway, arms crossed and angry. He tried to look menacing, but it was a bit difficult when he stood a solid six inches shorter than me. The guy had to look up just to make eye contact with me.

"Hey, is Eijiro there? We were supposed to meet up at the beach today. We were gonna surf a little." I said as my jaw clenched and my hands balled into fists. This guy was making my mood worse by the second. His entitlement, his aggression, his hatred towards me for no reason.

All because I lived in a big city and not on some far away island.

Eijiro's uncle started into my eyes for a few moments before actually speaking. He looked nothing like Eijiro, and I was happy for that. The shitty hair I knew would've looked a lot less pretty if he had half the DNA this guy had.

"Yes, Eijiro is here, but he will not be hanging out with you much anymore. I don't like the influence you have on him. He's becoming rebellious"

I was dumbfounded. How was I a bad influence?! Sure, I swear a lot and I'm from New York, but how does that make me a bad influence? Everyone swears in New York!

"Excuse me sir, your son and I have been merely hanging out together and surfing. I'm not making him drink, or do drugs, or be violent, or anything that could influence him negatively. If you'd like to give me some examples..."

I was so close to punching him, but I knew I'd only be proving his point.

"....I'd be glad to listen"

The shorter man scoffed a little, and my knuckles were so white they almost looked like snow. My nails digged into the palms of my hands as my fists remained balled. He put his hands on his hips like a Karen might, but I didnt even have the patience to find it funny.

"I know people like you. I've heard you're from America, and you are all so sensitive. You've got no backbone and you've never worked a day in your life"

I simply rolled my eyes at him. "So you think it's okay to make an assumption just because of where I live? That's funny" I felt that I would be able to win this conversation now, and a small smirk appeared on my face.

"For your information, I'm not the least bit sensitive. If someone tries messing with me, I might have to show them a taste of their own medicine, but that doesnt show lack of backbone. And, I've been working since I was thirteen and have probably had to deal with more gang violence than you ever will have to in your life. So, before you start prancing around, saying how shitty I am, get yourself in check first." I replied, and the man merely huffed before going inside without even having anything to say back to me. He was speechless I guess.

I heard murmers inside the house, and waited a few moments before deciding to just head home. Kirishima was probably locked in his room, grounded, and told to never show his face to me again.

To my suprise though, a familiar redhead opened the door and shut it with some ease.

"Hey, sorry about my uncle. He doesnt like new people" he murmered. I laughed a this a little, which probably seemed insensitive.

"The guy's feral, but its whatever. I just want to keep seeing you, because you're the only person on this island who's actually decent" As I said this, Kirishima's slightly hopeless and ashamed expression became a bit more relaxed. He even managed to smile a bit.

"I appreciate it. I really do." The redhead mumbled out, taking a deep breath afterwards. He seemed so different now, and I didnt know a the things that were said behind doors but I can't assume that it was anything good. We began walking together, I'm not really sure where but it was obvious Eijirou had a place in mind.

"Okay, so what are we doing today? You know this place better than I do," I asked, kind of just out in the open. I didnt really expect much of an answer, and it didnt come for a few moments, but Kirishima began to speak.

"Hm...well there's mostly a lot of preparation for the festival later this week. It starts on Friday and it's very much a religious holiday but a lot of people vacation here for this so the people have changed up the events quite a bit. "

Eijirou was now in a much better mood, I could tell. His mind was off of what happened earlier and I was glad. Relieved.

"That sounds cool, I guess. You'll have to hang out with me all this week and next then so I can get the full "islander experience"". I said in air quotes at the end. We both laughed at this and turned a corner, onto the main street.

Kirishima looked around a bit before turning back to me. "I have an idea! Let's go jet skiing!" He exclaimed as I stuffed my hands into my pockets.

"That sounds great and all, but where are we going to get the actual jet skiis themselves?" I asked him with a tilt of my head. I had no doubt in my mind that the redhead knew someone here who'd be willing to let is borrow some for the day.

"I know a guy, come on! The sooner we get there the better!" He nearly grinned more than he said actual words, beginning to jog off a little.

I watched him for a moment before following. His hair was down with a bandana tied around his head. Bright gleaming eyes and the whole world in the palm of his hands. I've never met anyone like him before, someone I can actually say cares about me and will stick by my side.

Oh dear, I might be getting attached to an island boy.