Chapter Fifteen

Eijiro had really gone out of his way. There was a small basket with chips and sodas and other things, along with a blanket and some pillows. It was a really nice boat overall, with actual seats in the back being big enough for the both of us to cuddle on.

Fat chance of that happening though.

"I'm glad you came, we haven't been hanging out much anymore and this is gonna sound so dumb but I missed you dude". The redhead said out into the open.

"That's not dumb, I missed you too Shitty hair, and thanks for doing this." I replied, also feeling a bit dumb for saying something like that. I knew it was what Kirishima needed to hear though, and I hadn't been the greatest friend to him these past few days.

He started the boat and we cruised around for a while, until the scenery was all ocean. Not a spot of land to be found. I leaned over the edge and saw some fish swim underneath the boat, which was really cool. They were a variety of bright colors, just like every other living thing on the island. It was something you'd never find in New York.

"So, how was the preperation for the festival? I'm guessing it was pretty boring?" I asked, going through the basket and taking out some hot cheetos and a bottled water. He took out some chips of his own and ate one before talking. "It was alright," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "I got to spend a lot of time with Monica and some other family, which was nice. I haven't been spending a lot of time with them lately because I've been hanging out with you so much".

The reply impaled me like an arrow, right through my heart. Had we been hanging out too much and he wanted a break from me? "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked him, my eyes narrowing and a frown forming on my face. It was an instinct of mine to snap at people, whether I liked it or not.

"Sorry, I didnt mean to be a dick. I love hanging out with you and while my family is awesome, they won't stop asking if I have a girlfriend or not. I obviously don't want one of those, because you know...gay...." he replied.

He laughed a bit at the end of his rant. "Yeah I know....gay....." I chuckled, both mocking him and relating to him at the same time. Afterwards we both sighed a bit and ate our snacks in quiet.

There was an aura hanging over the both of us. From the small talk to Kirishima's body language, I could tell he had something on his mind but for some reason wouldn't spit it out. I guess I was doing the same though, and the more we ignored it, the more the silence ate us alive. I felt like a colony of fire ants were crawling all over my skin and I wanted to scream in frusteration. Neither of us were saying anything about our friendship and what had happened after I almost died. Neither of us were telling each other that we were madly in love, and wanted nothing more than to confess our love for one another.

"Hey Bakugo, look how pretty the sun is, should we head back after it sets? If you dont want to we dont have to, since there's not hardly any boat traffic. It's really fine either way...." Kirishima said, getting less and less confident with each word he strung onto. I had to do something now before it got dark and the perfect opportunity was taken away from me. This was OUR love story and I wasn't about to let it slip through my fingers.

The fear of everything going wrong was gone now, and I saw my opportunity.

So I took it.