👓Chapter Seven👓

"Where do you think you're going at eight in the morning?" The old hag asked as I got my sandals on.

"None of your fucking business, ma, but I'm going over to Kirishima's" I responded, slamming the door shut as hard as I could. She'd be angry, but I honestly didn't have time to give a fuck today.

I was going swimming with Kirishima and that was all that mattered.

Going to the notes app on my phone, I read what I had written down for his address. He was supposed to be going to my house, but I wanted to surprise him.
I just hoped that he wouldn't get too mad.

This morning I was thinking about what that short man said, and decided not to bring my rainbow glasses. If one man on this island was like that, most of the people were probably the same.

I made my way to his house, finding it pretty easily. A little bit of anxiousness began to creep up, and I tried my best to push it away.

Knocking on the door, I waited a few seconds until someone opened the door. It was a middle-aged woman, with tan skin and dark brown hair. Her eyes looked nearly identical to Kirishima's, but he had no laugh lines or tiredness to them. I felt like I could study them, it was strange.

"I'm here to see Eijirou... are you his mother?" I asked her, my hands in my front pockets. The morning sun was hitting my back and I scolded myself for forgetting sunscreen.

She laughed a little. "No, I'm his aunt. You're the city boy, correct?" she questioned and I nodded my head a little. I was pretty sure I was the "city boy".

She shut the door and I heard speaking from inside. I'm pretty sure it was the same language I had heard at the bar last night.

I expected to see Kirishima's aunt again, but this time saw him. He was in a tank top and swim shorts, but his hair was down. Not in the usual, spikes that pointed in different directions. That was the first time I had seen him like that and I found it really adorable.

I could never tell him that though.
"Hey, Katsuki! I was gonna head over to your house in a little bit, but it's cool you're here. We can grab some paddle boards from the backyard and go out to the beach if you want".

●●●

I was helping my little cousins get dressed and brushing their hair when my aunt came into the room.
"You have someone at the door for you, I'll finish this up for you," she said sweetly, and I thanked her before heading to the door. I opened it and saw Bakugou, but so much more.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, and his abs were most definitely more defined than mine. The lines of his arm muscles and the slimness of his waist nearly brought me to my knees. Why did he look like someone out of a magazine?

"Hey, Katsuki! I was gonna head over to your house in a little bit, but it's cool you're here. We can grab some paddleboards from the backyard and go out to the beach if you want". I said, trying to seem nonchalant. My face felt really warm, but it was probably from the sun beating down on my face.

"Sure I guess, you lead the way to the beach." He replied. I nodded and went into the background. I picked a red paddleboard for me, and a black one with a little orange explosion for Bakugou. When I handed it to him, he looked pleased with my option.

We both held the paddle boards at our sides and I walked to the north side of the island. The main beach was on the south side, but there were often a lot more people there and Bakugou didn't seem like the type to like large crowds. Also, sea turtles stayed on the north side of the island because there was more food like small crabs and crustaceans for them.

"Why are we going into a forest?" Bakugou asked, and I had almost forgotten to tell him.

"The north side of the island is just past here, and almost nobody goes this way, so there water is usually much nicer." I pushed back a tree branch as I replied, holding my board and paddle with my right arm, holding it like I might a basketball.

Katsuki had seen me do this, so he copied. That was pretty adorable, I had to admit. It was like he'd never used a paddleboard before, and considering he lived in New York, that made sense.

We both walked onto the sand, side by side now. Bakugou looked around a bit. His eyes widened, seeing the scenery around him that I had grown up with. I probably was taking it for granted because it was truly beautiful.

As I ran down to the water a bit more, not quite there but on my way, I set my paddleboard down and consciously took off my shirt. Seeing how fit Bakugou was made me a bit embarrassed of my own body.

I was thin too, but a type of thin that made my abs barely defined and my arms much skinnier. Probably due to lack of nutrition, if I was being honest with myself.

Bakugou followed behind, trying to be discreet when he looked me up and down. I saw it though, and it made me even more selfconcious.

"Do you work out?" The blonde questioned me, setting his paddleboard down as well and looking up at me. His arms were crossed, muscles glistening in the sunner heat.

I wasn't sure what to say. It was more exercise than anything really, just lots of pushups and jogging and surfing.

"I-I mean I guess," I began, which was a start. Damn, it was hard to form words for some reason when Bakugou was around. It made me a bit frustrated but I didnt mind it at the same time.

"I really just do a lot of pushups and surfing and stuff" I finished, rubbing my hand on the back of my neck. Conversations like this were uncomfortable, especially when you're talking to someone that's much more muscular and attractive than you are.

The blonde nodded a little, grabbing his board and paddle before wading into the water a bit. He knew what he was doing?! This guy was from New York, he would've never had the chance to do something like this.

"You coming shitty hair? Or are you just gonna stand there like an idiot?" Katsuki asked playfully, the smallest of smirkes on his face. I watched as he hopped on his board and experimented with the paddle for a few moments until he got the hang of it.

I could literally feel my heart thundering in my chest, a smile appearing into my face and a happiness I'd never felt. Like I was a fucking painting being restored, or an antique being turned into something new.

I sprinted to the water, slowing down a bit once the waves got to my ankles, but still going fast nonetheless. I kept running and running, until I was about waist deep and I climbed on with my paddle.

Bakugou looked over at me with his gorgeous, crimson eyes that made me want to take a photo of him. To keep that memory forever, and to never forget it. We were side by side, just two small people in a great big world. Meeting by chance, a once in a lifetime opportunity. And there was no way I'd pass it up.

"So," the blonde asked me with a tilt of his head. "Where to first?"