🌧 Pitter Patter 🌧

I walked through the large building and couldn't help but look around. There was so much open space, so much glass, a lot of open space. It was a lot for me to take in. We walked past an older lady sitting at a desk, typing away at a computer. It seemed like a normal day here, which made me feel especially out of place. People walked in and out of rooms in nice business attire, sometimes with cups of coffee in their hands or a briefcase.

We had walked up to a door that had "Conference Room" in bold, white lettering. I nervously clenched my jaw, getting more and more anxious. I didn't know why I was here and I had gotten my hopes up by thinking that maybe, just maybe, someone had come to save me.

The officer opened the door, directing me to sit down in an empty chair and wait. She told me there was a visitor for me. After waiting for what felt like forever, someone came into the room.

And in that moment I saw the one person I thought I would never be able to see again. My love. Someone who meant the world to me and more.

.Katsuki.

Tears began to pour out of my eyes and down my face, making my vision blurry. He ran up to me and hugged me tight, as if he never wanted to let me go. This all seemed like a dream, too incredible and impossible to be happening at this moment. I hugged him back, my tears getting all over his skin and his shirt as I buried my face into the crook of his neck. After all of the shit that had happened, there was finally something that made it all worth it. It was a while before we pulled away, but it didn't seem like it had been enough time. It would never be enough.

I then did the only thing that seemed natural, and kissed him as hard as I could. I wanted him so badly. I needed him so badly. And I couldn't get enough of him. My hands found comfort on his neck and his hands snaked around my waist.

His lips were so, so soft, and tasted like burnt sugar. Bittersweet. I found a home in our kiss. A place where I finally felt loved and like I belonged. Tears hit against my cheeks, and I was suprised to see that they weren't mine.

They belonged to Katsuki.

I removed my lips from his ever so slowly and held him close to me, hushing his sobs. After a few moments of trying to calm him down, I began to cry too. It was inevitable, I just broke too easily.

The blonde looked up at me, his face red and puffy, which brought out his crimson eyes in such detail. Even when he was broken down to nothing, he was still as pretty as ever. "Did.....he do that to you?" He sobbed out, choking on his tears and making a hiccuping sound. This was the first time I looked away, because I felt ashamed in myself. I had let this happen to me, and I felt all the more weak when I was reminded of the wounds I had. "Yes," I replied, still crying. "I'm sorry....".

Katsuki began to kiss them shakily, one by one. Each scratch, bandage, and bruise that he had given me. Even the little one above my eye. "Don't you ever apologize for something like that. You didn't deserve any of it, I promise you....." Our tears continued to fall like the rain that began to pour outside.

Pitter patter, just like our hearts.