Chapter Thirty-Five

Eijiro took my hand as we boarded the airplane. There was a shaken look on his face, but I didnt' ask about it until we were sitting in our seats.

We had given him the window seat since it was his first time flying, and he stared out the window with a hazy look in his eyes. "What's wrong?" I questioned, squeezing his hand to remind him that I was here. The redhead turned to me. "It's just... it's my first time flying. Is it scary? I know being afraid isn't manly bu-"

I cut him off with a swift kiss, and couldn't help but smile. I used to never smile, even when I was with Shouto, but with Kirishima it was way too easy. It seemed natural for the first time in a long time.

"It's not unmanly to be afraid, dumbass" I told him. "I'll hold your hand when we take off, it can get a bit bumpy". This seemed to put his nerves at ease a bit, and he smiled back at me. The smallest thanks could be heard escaping his lips.

And after what seemed like forever, the plane finally took off. At first, Eijiro looked like he was about to shit his pants. His eyes were wider than I had ever seen them before and he squeezed my hand so hard that I no longer felt any circulation.

He finally started to calm down when we were no longer ascending into the air, and he looked out the window at the landscape below.

"Babe! Look at all the islands, and the ocean." He exclaimed. "Oh my gosh, there's a boat too!" The redhead said in awe, his face smushed against the glass to get a better look. I laughed at bit as his response, rolling my eyes. "I can't really see anything when you're pressing your face against the window like an idiot. You know they don't ever clean those things, right?"

Kirishima then pulled his face away, his face contortated into a grimace. He was probably thinking about how many germs were now all over him. I felt my mother his the back of my head. It was lightly, but still as annoying as always. "Hey, what the hell hag?!" I yelled, which was followed by another slap.

"Don't call Eijiro an idiot and don't yell! At least try to have some manners while we're around strangers" The old hag exclaimed, looking back at her magazine. I simply rolled my eyes as a response, turning over to Eijiro who was looking at the window once more, without his face smushed against it this time.

A slow yawn escaped my mouth. My eyes were already drooping, giving into the fatigue from not being able to sleep the night before and from the warmth of Eijrio's body. I closed my eyes and leaned back into the uncomfortable seat, preparing myself to land into unconciousness.

*******

After the long flight was over, the three of us had a stop in Texas, and then one more ride to New York. Eijiro was practically jumping for joy the whole time, excited to be in a new place and look at all the new things.

As we walked through the airport, I grabbed his hand and held it, not thinking much of it. He pulled away, giving me a look that pretty much asked me if I was crazy.

"We'll be fine," I whispered to him. "I'm not going to let anything to you again. If anyone even touches you, I'm beating the shit out of them" I promised him, grabbing his hand once more and holding it tighter than before.

Kirishima nodded and slowly laced his fingers with mine. His eyes were opened wide, as if he's just realized something important. I felt the shakiness of his hand, but it started to fade after a little while. There weren't any problems after that, and Eijiro even gave me a kiss on the cheek as we we sat down to wait for our flight to arrive.

It didn't make me blush, but even if it did, I would never admit it.

********************

Kirishima slept for most of the time on our way to New York, and I listened to music as well as read. I has shown Kirishima some of my favorite songs, and he seemed to really like Billie Eilish as well as Lewis Capaldi. It was a little basic for me, but that was okay.

Metallica blasted through my ears as I looked out the window, and I hummed along to the melody. I knew where we were flying over, and off in the distance I could begin to see more and more skyscrapers as well as traffic.

Man, I loved New York, but I could never learn to love the constant traffic jams.

I began to shake Eijiro, trying to wake him up. He slept like a rock though, because I had to pinch his arm for him to finally open his eyes and look around. He strecthed in seat, looking at me with a sleepy smile I always held in my mind.

His hair was askewn in all directions, and his eyes still slightly drooped. He looked like a peaceful greek god, just awaking from a long, eternal slumber.

The redhead leaned against me, placing his head on my shoulder. I could tell he was still exhasuted. A little over three hours of sleep probably wasn't enough, not after having such a wild day like this. "Why'd you  wake me up?" He questioned, looking out the window.

I watched as his face began to light up in a way I hadn't seen in a very long time.

His eyes lit up like bright street lights as a hug grin took over his face, showing his freakishly sharp and white teeth. I would never forget that look on his face.

Many tall skyscrapers could be seen rather close to us, including the famous Empire State Building. Kirishima was talking about wanting to see it from the plane view and I'm glad he got his chance.

'That's the reason I live' I thought to myself.

That beautiful smile.

One of the many reasons I have fallen so hard for an island boy.