56 | THE LOVE YOU WANT

Start from the beginning

"it's because of you." jungkook speaks out, making you and taehyung stop in your movements. the two of you turned around and glanced at the emotional boy who stood across the room.

"if you hadn't have come in here i would've had y/n back into my life."

a single tear escaped the corner of jungkooks eye, leading to a dozen of held in tears streaming down his cheeks within seconds.

taehyung scoffs, "i warned you, and even y/n about dating. and somehow you still managed to be the person who caused y/n to end up like this." he said as jungkook raised a brow.

for a moment, you were confused by his statement. but then it flashed through your mind, when taehyung warned you about jungkook in the first place.

+ 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 .

"stay away from him. he isn't good."

you raise a brow — confused at his statement. "from who?" you asked.

"jungkook."

you were taken aback for a moment, not expecting taehyung to ever badmouth his friend. but you couldn't help but to question why jungkook was so much of a 'bad person'.

jungkook might be a fuckboy and sleep around with a lot of girls but that wasn't entirely a sin. so you were confused. you were completely clueless.

"what? how do you know?" you questioned.

taehyung glanced around the hall, keeping watch in case jungkook or any of the guys were around.

he let out a sigh, leaning in.

"if jungkook ever wants something, he'll do anything to get it.." taehyung paused.

you could tell he was hesitant to finish his sentence by the way he nervously bit his lower lip. you stayed silent.

"when it comes to anyone or anything, he gets his way, regardless."

"and in this case, all he wants is you."

+ 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 .

"because of you, she didn't eat, barely slept, or even attend any classes because of how heartbroken she was." taehyung explains, anger filling his voice each second he spoke.

he was pissed off.

"y/n, i'm sorry." jungkook apologized, his head hung low, not able to make eye contact with you.

you remain silent. you did not know what to say or do next. was taehyung being too harsh, although it was the truth?

guilt was taking over jungkook.

jungkook hurt you a lot. but you didn't want him to be out of your life completely. you wanted to share laughs and smiles like the two of you did before, but at the same time, you wanted time.

you needed time.

you wanted space, and some time to think about all of this to yourself.

"an apology won't easily fix something that's had a big impact on it." taehyung lastly said, before he leaves the room.

leaving the two of you in the room alone, you bite down on your lower lip. you approached jungkook and pulled him into a hug, as he stood frozen.

"give me time." you say, your words almost turning into a whisper.

you pulled away, studying his features.

"but what if i lose you..." he questioned, the end of his sentence became quieter. he was nervous, and upset. you didn't like seeing jungkook like this. you were so used to his confident attitude, and smiles.

you hated this.

"you won't lose me. if things don't work out, i'm sure we'd love each other the same way as friends." you responded.

but immediately, you felt regret hit you for using the term friends.

jungkook looked taken aback for a moment, almost seemingly offended. he looked like he didn't have anything more to say and for now, what was best for the both of you, was space.

you backed away from his taller figure, and walked toward the door. the silence in the room was eating you up, and all you needed right now was to get out of there as soon as possible.

though you wanted him back as much as he did, you didn't want to easily run straight back to him.

"that's not the love i want..."

you heard him mumble. but you didn't bother to spare a glance at jungkook one last time. instead, you exit the dorm leaving him alone.