CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

'Who you be?' The proprietress gateman asks I and Motunrayo from the security box on the gate.

'We're your madam students in her school. Tell her Motunrayo and pelumi are here to see her' I reply confidently,hoping the proprietress lets us in.

I expected security in her house but not this tight.

Everywhere outside the gate are assembly of bodyguards guarding the four cardinal points of the house.

The gateman arrives again to open the gate for us after informing our proprietress of our arrival.

I begin to walk quickly into the compound right after the gateman stops me and says; 'oga make una relax small. Madam say make I escort you to her,abi you want make I loose my job?'

'Ah no ooo. You fit escort us' Motunrayo says as the gateman begins to lead us to Mrs Makinde.

He leads us all the way to her living room where she is seated on one of the sofas as with the several bodyguards with her.

It's freezing one hundred degrees with the air conditioner on in the living room which makes it uncomfortable to take in every tiny bit of her lemon and orange painted sitting room.

'So it's true then' Mrs Makinde says in her phonetics tone,while placing her wine glass on the center table.

Her glittering gold lace attire spoke luxury as her high heels made some funny noises with the waxed floor while she walked towards us.

'I would have said it was a lie until I saw you both for myself' she says,while regarding me with disgust in her eyes.

'But what can I say? - it's my lucky day' she adds while laughing like a crazy lady. 'I've been thinking of ways to get rid of you after our last meeting and here you are. You've made it so easy for me.....'

'He has his phone on recording' Motunrayo gives me out to Mrs Makinde while cutting her off.

'Oh really?' Mrs Makinde exclaims in a psychotic tone. 'And where do you have it?. Here?'

She checks my left trouser pocket and finds nothing.

'What about here?' She checks my right trouser pocket and finds the phone on recording mode.

She signals one of her guards with a snap of her fingers and hands him over the phone.

How would Motunrayo give us in like that?.

She better have a backup plan if we really want to scale out of this alive.

'So what did you think?,that you will leave here in one piece?' Mrs Makinde ask,with a fake sad grin on her face. 'Well no Mr Alade, because as I was saying,your arrival here has made it so easy for me to kill you and have you taken back to the school while we have the scene look like you committed suicide because you were so frustrated by all social media had to say about you for killing the two Lagos creed student. Or make that three actually,if Isaac is going to be added to the list'

'You're sick' I spit out at her. 'Is it what you've been telling their parents?. All loads of shitty lies?'

'Oh their parents know best than to speak up about it all following the circumstances of their children's death. Although they might have no idea their children murderer is Motunrayo but they do know their death is connected to the Baalard cult group and must keep quiet if they do not want to get in trouble with the law' she says casually.

'Wait. Motunrayo is the murderer?' I ask,shocked while watching Motunrayo walk from beside me to Mrs Makinde side.

'Yes' she admits.