You are my wings

###

Lisa's POV  -  2 weeks ago in human time

My head was spinning around, my body a bit numb and I felt everything being too bright to my eyes when I finally tried to open them.

I heard a distant noise or it was in my ears? I clenched my jaw but when my sensations came to me again it turned out my body was comfortably lying on bed.

I sighed deeply.

Think, Lisa, what the hell is happening?

My last memory was Chaeyoung's hug and the way my eyes closed - I fell asleep,

Warm, loved and loving, I remember my smile creeping on my lips, I'm happy.

Not now, though, I know something is wrong but have no idea what exactly, my eyes still closed and all I do now is breathing, trying to calm down. My raged heart is thumping too loud I can hear. I've heard the same noise not so far now, like something is coming closer or

Somebody?

My eyes popped open when I felt a hand on my cheek, cold but gentle. My eyes closed in an instant again tears are emerging from pain, too bright.

Almost like.

Up there.

"Shhh... baby. Don't worry." A person said, their voice is clear and calming. "Don't worry."

The voice resembling...

###

Flashback

Jisoo

The summer's night fresh air disheveled the brunette's hair. Some of them tickled her cheeks but she only stared at the sky, full of stars and no cloud. Pure and clear.

She hummed to herself and took one last glance returning to her car. She got in, both hands on the steering wheel, no gloomy face was seen on the road and only she and her car were there, as if in another world further behind all the hustle, was it because they didn't get there yet or, simply because they were already over it?

The tiny object stared at her with its petite eyes and she thought that even this soulless thing was something else she won't understand. Ever.

She took the pikachu in her hand and brought to the lips slowly blowing warm air to give it a relieve from being left on the cold shotgun seat. It looked mocking to her, rather saying; look at me again and again and never let it go.

But she wasn't a person who never lets go.

She held it tighter when the plump started to grow in her throat and tears she never let the world see would be exposed. She won't do it anymore, she decided, not ever.

She won't give someone her heart anymore.

Ever.

So, with slightly childish determination which only served as a façade to her bare emotions she opened the window and it took her a minute to realize that she hadn't done a single move.

Do it.

What if...

Do.

It.

She tossed the pikachu with force hoping to step on the gas the moment later and let it go.

She even burst into tears the moment the toy wasn't in her hand, probably on the street's ground already.

She sobbed and the tears continued to pour down her cheeks, slowly, surely and finally she let it go.

She didn't give up.

She let it go.

And as they say, if it belongs to you, with you, it'll come back.

The sound of the fall had never been heard, not because the toy didn't fall.

It didn't want.

The second the brunette's tears dried, the moment she humbly looked at the road, she felt its gaze.

On her.

Maybe, just maybe, the moment you let go of something you want to have with all your being,

in this very moment

it'll come back.

Not always,

but probably just this time.

Jisoo watched it looking at her back. Both are unsure but the one before her is calm. She didn't feel scared or dazzled, mostly she just chuckled at the fate's way of being.

We, as humans, are weak and most of us will never know the next move of the fate. Jisoo wasn't human and never will be, whose body she was in will always be her secret, yet even her soul was unexpectedly sensitive to life's unpredictability.

If she had ever learned something it was that you cannot foresee your future, it's shaping on the way, adjusting, formlessly flowing and collapsing on the way.

In a very structured and well planned manner, but you never know what it'll be like. Just see.

"Meow."

The black cat poured and stretched, making her back's muscles flexing elegantly, her strong paws long and the nails pointy. Her yellow eyes never leaving Jisoo's.

Kim hold her hand out her fingers almost touching the cat when she saw something that caught her whole attention immediately.

Wings.

The cat had wings and not just that what struck Jisoo, rather,

Rather that Lisa was the one who gave her the pukachu,

The cat is the same she saw in Lisa's house,

Her keeper.

No, it all was processed in Jisoo's mind already

beside the fact that

Angels cannot came back to heaven without their wings,

willingly.