Love has been unkind

(The italic is for flashbacks)

"It is a ride then!"

Jennie nodded and carefully checked if Chaeyoung is bucked up. In the other car Lisa did the same and nodded at Jennie, shyly smiling and even winked.

After starting the engine they agreed to drive off on 3, Jisoo's low raspy voice started counting while both drivers are planning their way.

Hana.

Dul...

The race area which Lisa had rented for today was consisting of a large plain space, but also a difficult chain of small tracks connected to one another and building almost a labyrinth.

At the end all the little tracks are blended in one large finishing line, therefore to outwit your opponent and come faster you need to have a good orientation in space and a bit of calculation.

Lisa and Jennie have both.

And still there were no winners at that time.

Set!

Both cars got off and disappeared from one another's sight entering a large labyrinth of tracks.

-------------

The first half of a path was successfully conquered, and both Lisa and Jennie, though at a considerable distance were feeling each other's presence somewhere near the finishing line.

Jennie's skills at driving were never doubted by anyone, including Jennie herself, but right at that moment she was quite puzzled as to what track should she choose and it was one of the choices that will lead her to the win or lose, she felt.

She decided to choose randomly listening to her gut, speeding a bit up. Small droplets of sweat glistening on her temple were gently removed, and she overcame an urge to close her eyes to feel Chaeyoung's touch on her cheek.

But instead, Chae placed her hand on Jennie's leg, squeezing softly above her knee.

And it started.

Jen's eyes blurred for a second, but she shrugged and just decreased her speed a little making herself feel less nervous. After almost 20 minutes of ride her car entered the finish line and both girls smiled excitedly,

Both - Lisa and Jennie, because the two girls made it almost at the same time with Lisa a few hundred meters before Jennie's car.

But

Lisa almost froze on her spot, with hot drops of sweat running down her spine, making her shiver. She made an effort to stay still but her whole being was shaking, a déjà vu feeling flooded her mind and she shortly glanced at Jennie's car, they were almost there, her gaze blurring and she instinctively stepped on brakes, which tossed harshly all three girls back.

Jennie watched all the following as if in a slo-mo, images invading her mind.

"You wanted me to come with you...."

They nearing the finish line.

"Stop it, Pranpriya!" Girl squealed, smiling happily

Her mind going crazy, as foreign images playing before her.

"I said you to call me Lisa!" blonde girl pouted and caught the girl's hand, her other hand on steering wheel.