Hubby

1 week later

Jennie frustratedly kicked the foot of her bed after she hurt the pinkie finger on her left foot on it. She hissed and almost cried, but after a few seconds she was already softly talking to her precious bed.

"I'm sorry baby, just a bit stressed, it's not your fault."

As Jennie was caressing the soulless object Dalgomie and Kuma were staring at her unamused.

After 2 weeks with the girl they were used so much to her strange behavior they didn't even flinched at her outburst.

Not that she was short tempered, just short, but last few days they didn't see their other mommy— who was always ridiculously amusing to them—home, too. Sure, she comes late at night and takes a shower and then plays with them, but she goes out right after.

Which is quite frustrating.

They slightly missed her (okay maybe very much for Jennie) and understood what their other mommy felt, so, they ran closer to the brunette and crawled on her knees, licking her hands because she wasn't fond of their saliva on her face.

"Hey, babies," Jennie caressed their fur and hugged their small bodies, " don't worry I'm not mad."

Jennie sighed.

She really wasn't.

She was pissed.

It wasn't only for Jisoo's constant absence and her bestfriend's evident obsession in her searchings, but

The worst part was to hear Jisoo leaving every morning at 4:30, as Jennie was pretending sleeping while actually reading and rereading all the damn information that she managed to dig out. While looking for answers and not caring about anything in the world.

While doing her own endless and draining research, not wanting to admit that she was as obsessed with it as Jisoo was.

From day one she gathered every damn book she had on anything connected to paranormal activity, angels, gods and demons, whatever she could find and whatever people wrote on this, she didn't care—it could help to bring her new found and new lost bestfriend back.

She didn't have it in herself to be as nonchalant as she seemed. She was stressing herself over with details, but

Nothing helped.

Moreover, if her outburst wasn't for Jisoo's absence and her own fruitless searching, it certainly was for the thing she discovered lately.

Something she wasn't ready to learn about, yet, did. Something that brought her further, throwing her back mercilessly.

Flashback

Yesterday

Jennie's PoV

I tried the last key but the door didn't gave in and the lock seemed almost stone-like, the door to the attic was the only one I didn't check on having any kind of books or materials that could possibly help me.

My parent used to have bookshelves full of rarest exemplars, reading all of them with such a great enthusiasm that inevitably, I fell under the spell of reading, too. Now, as I remember I was genuinely enjoying every single book we had.

Frustrated, I sighed and the keys accidentally fell on the floor, I was going to do something to open the attic and as stubborn as I am it's gonna give in. I've spent an hour and a half not for nothing.