You Deserve Better

Silverose365 gave me the idea and wanted me to write my take on the wonderful idea! Go check out their story after this one!

I had only been teaching for a few months, only really taking this job to get by while I waited for the job of my dreams to finally hire me. "Where in the world is your daddy?" I asked the sweet girl in my art class, who I'd come to know as Ellie. "I dunno he's always late." She replied looking down at the math homework I was trying my best to help her with. "Ms. Katia?" Kenny ask me, Ellie's slightly older brother asked me. "Yeah? What's up?" I smiled down at him brightly. "Thanks for waiting with us everyday." He told me looking up at me sweetly, with the cutest smile on his already adorable face. "Of course buddy, you guys are my only friends here." I laughed ruffling his hair.

"Hey guys! I'm sorry I'm late again, meeting ran later than I thought." Their gorgeous father called running over to the bench we sat at. "I'm going to have to start charging you a babysitting fee, you're always at least an hour late Mr. Winston." I giggled seeing the kids run to him, hugging him tightly. "I really appreciate you Ms. Berkowitz, they love you. Constantly talk about how great you are, you're their favorite teacher." He told me reaching to shake my hand gently. "Well I'm pretty fond of them too, Ellie and Kenny are the only friends I've made since moving to Charming." I joked, but being sincere about growing to really adore his kids. "You ever need anything I'm here too, you treat my kids so good and I'm always going to have your back." Mr. Winston smiled back at me.

"Thank you I honestly appreciate that so much, you guys have a good day Mr. Winston." I waved going to grab my bags. "You want a lift home? There's enough room, I'd hate to see you walk home especially in those shoes." He asked holding his driver's door open. "No that's OK, I have never lived anywhere so warm before." I told him as he waved getting into his truck. The next few week came and went exactly like this, sitting there waiting for him to come pick up his beautiful children while I helped them with any homework they needed finished.

"Ah late again?" I winked at Mr. Winston coming over with a slightly guilty look on his face. "I'm sorry! Really I'm trying to get here on time, every day it's something different I swear." He breathed out rubbing the back of his neck. "It's honestly my pleasure to hang out with your wonderful kids." I reassured him. Immediately after he got Ellie and Kenny into his truck I heard Tully's vehicle pulling behind his, my heart sank knowing I was in a fucked up situation with the nords and he was a patched member of the Sons. "Get your beautiful ass in the truck Kat!" Tully called but I couldn't tell if he was angry or not. "Just a second!" I called hurriedly trying to separate them before things went wrong. "You want to ride with us?" Mr. Winston asked with a pleading look. "No that's OK Mr. Winston, I appreciate it though." I smiled awkwardly.

"Call me Opie, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. Please let me give you a lift?" He asked again. "OK I'm sorry Opie, but I've got to get going you guys have a good night. I'll see you two in the morning!" I said before quickly running to Tully. "What the fuck was that about?" He asked as soon as I'd shut the door. "Just a dad late to pick his kids up, I was catching him up on the day we'd had." I said trying to sound nonchalant. "Didn't know you were teaching biker trash." He scoffed driving to my place. "They're great kids, don't talk about them that way." I told him, knowing I fucked up as soon as the words came from my mouth. "You better watch your fucking mouth you little cunt." He said back already getting angry. "I'm sorry." I told him keeping my mouth shut for the rest of the ride. Feeling his irritation rising as we came closer to my apartment, hoping he'd just leave without incident, praying I'd not have to deal with the repercussions of my sharp tounge but was I so fucking wrong.

~Opie's POV~

I drove up to the school fully expecting to see Kat sitting with my kids, with that beautiful smile on her face helping them with their school work but another, more angry looking women waiting impatiently for me. "Mr. Winston you're very late, that's really not acceptable." She seethed up at me. "Sorry I'm trying here." I told her having none of her shitty attitude. "I'm sure you are." She quipped rolling her eyes. "Where's Ms. Berkowitz?" I asked trying to sound casual. "Ms. Berkowitz had an accident last night, but she'll be back tomorrow I think." She called over her shoulder walking away. 'An accident? What kind of accident?' I thought trying not to show the panic in my face, hoping all day it was just something minor.

I decided to ask Gemma to pick up the kids the next day as I followed behind her, wanting to wait out of view in case she was there and being picked up by him again today still having hope while I drove. But all the wishful thinking was dashed as soon as I laid eyes on her. Kat sat next to the kids with her beautiful face bruised, and cut, her small arm in a sling as she talked to Gemma. I walked up as soon as I saw her leaving, catching her attention quickly while she tried to grab her bags. "What the fuck happened Kat?" I asked holding her bags. "I'm just clumsy, really everything is fine." Her smile looking painful as looked up at me. "I'm taking you home Kat, come on." I told her placing my hand on her back, guiding her to my bike. "I'm fine to walk." She said but still following me. "Wasn't a question sweetheart." I told her with a laugh.

"OK! OK!" Kat laughed as I put the helmet on her head. "I'll be easy since your arms fucked up." I reassured her after she gave me the directions. Pulling up to her apartment made my heart sink, seeing the dishevelled, run down building she called home. "I'm not leaving you here babe, this place is a fucking shithole." I told her bluntly. "This is the only place I have to go it's cheap, and I don't have anyone I can crash with." She replied with a sadness in her voice. "You're staying with me then, let me call some guys and we'll get your stuff." I told her pulling my phone out to call Jax and Chibs. "No Opie, honestly I'm fine to stay here." She said, but I put my finger up to lips to silence her protests.

After she'd reluctantly let me take her back to my place with the guys bringing her stuff in my truck, I'd insisted on her taking a shower and relaxing while I ordered some pizza. "I know that fucking Nord did this to you Katia, don't tell me didn't." I told her as she sat on my couch. "He's just a little fucked up, but I know there's still some good in there." She replied. "No he doesn't, none of them have any good in them. All those fucking tweakers are worthless, I'm not letting him get anywhere near you again." I told her holding her hands. "You're such a beautiful woman and you deserve better than that, better than him Kat. You'll stay here with me and I'm not going to let anything happen to you, alright?" I continued never braking eye contact. "OK Opie, I'm fine with that." Kat smiled at me sweetly. I felt in my heart this was going to be the beginning of a beautiful thing, having her with me and when she was ready making her mine like I'd always wanted from the first time I set eyes on her with my children.