Chapter 24

Percy

"You kids have heart I'll give you that," Tony said. We were back in the city, at the tower. 

"Well that's good because a will to keep going is all we've got sometimes," Annabeth said and I wrapped an arm around her shoulder, needing a quick reminder we were still together and would forever be.

"I understand that," Natasha nodded. 

"Imagine being able to die...." Thor muttered quietly in the corner. 

"Do you ever shut up?" Natasha hissed. Thor just sat still, slurping his beer, staring at her. 

"Oh the shade," Piper whispered quietly. 

"Where in Zeus's name is my son!" A woman's voice yelled from the hallway. Actually it was my mother's. Why is she here....

"Oh my gods there you are Percy!" My mom ran up to me and wrapped me in a hug. 

"I'm sorry Mr. Stark, we tried to stop her, she was just to damn fast," one of the guards who ran in after my mom said to Tony. 

I smirked and made eye contact with Thalia who was still chillin with us. 

To dam fast. 

"You told me you were going out of town to search for a possible demigod! You did not tell me you were going into a full battle! I had to hear it from your girlfriend," Mom hissed. 

"Sorry. And Annabeth," I whined and looked at my girlfriend who had that stupid smirk on her face, "I didn't want her to worry." 

"Oh save it, boy. I've literally been to the Underworld, if you had told me beforehand I would have been fine with it. Maybe I would have packed you some cookies, but you lied!" My mom was practically screaming. 

I cringed, "Sorry again." 

"Huh. Well, I guess it's not like this doesn't happen every day, so I can forgive you. But I want you home before eight o'clock. Good day, everyone," And with that, my mother walked out  of the room. 

"Periodt," Piper said through the silence. 

"Gods your mother is amazing," Annabeth laughed. I blushed in embarrassment. I can't believe my mother had just yelled at me in front of Thalia, Reyna, the other six, Tony freaking Stark, Captain America, Natasha, the lord(oh sorry I meant god) of thunder, Sam, and Nico. 

My mother has always been laid back. Seriously. She has never yelled at me. I was curious as to what began this outburst to be so bad. 

"Well we should get going. With Percy's curfew and all..." Annabeth was still laughing. 

"Would you stop that," I groaned. 

"I want to see more from you guys," Natasha said as we all stood up. 

"Agreed," Steve nodded, "I'm curious about what we could really accomplish with all of our powers truly combined." 

"Bye kids. We'll see you around," Tony waved. 

Nico shadow traveled away quickly after we left, Piper, Jason, and Leo went to get pizza because Piper and Leo were hungry, Hazel and Frank went for a walk to the park, Reyna called upon Sprinkles(the two had become besties since the battle) and flew off, Thalia had to go rejoin the hunt, leaving Annabeth and I alone. 

"I wonder why my mom was suddenly so angry," I said. 

"Gee I don't know," Annabeth shrugged, sarcastically. 

"Okay I know she was probably upset when I lied to her, but I've lied to her many times and she's never had an outburst like that," I mumbled. 

"Maybe she just got tired of the lying. You've got to give her more credit. That woman has been through sooo much," Annabeth said. 

"I know that. She's a goddess. I don't know how she's made it through any of this stuff, but it never ceases to amaze me," I admit. 

"Same," Annabeth nodded. I took her hand and we continued walking. We reached the subway station and waited for a few minutes while the train came. 

"So are you ready for college to start up?" Annabeth asked. 

"Not really. You're gonna have to help get me through it," I told her. 

"Well I knew that, Seaweed brain. And you are going to have to help me too. but we've got it. We have always made it through," Annabeth said. 

"Yeah, we make it through when fighting monsters. This is school. Our brains are not wired for that," I remind her. 

"So? It's a college for demigods. I think they'll have some grace on us," Annabeth said. 

"True," The subway slowed to an abrupt stop. We got off and walked back to my home.

"Okay, ready to face you're mother?" Annabeth asked. 

"Yeah, sure," I nodded slightly. Annabeth opened the door quietly. The room was dark and I switched a light on. 

"Where is everyone?" I wondered out loud. 

"Beats me," Annabeth shrugged. 

"Mom?" I called out. 

"Surprise!" People jumped out from hiding spots. My mom, Paul with Estelle in his arms, the seven, Nico and Will, Thalia, and Clarisse. 

"What is this?" I asked, very confused, "It's not my birthday....Right?" I looked at Annabeth for conformation of that fact. She nodded with a smile. 

"The surprise is that you came home on time. Safely. For the first time ever," My mom pulled me into a hug. 

"Oh, cool. Yeah that is a first. Wait did you plan an entire day out, just to make sure I came home on time?" I looked at her, amazed. 

"Oh of course. I sent a few of your friends out to make sure no monsters slowed the process. You had a nice walk home I assume and Annabeth kept you on task?" Mom looked over to where Annabeth stood next to me. 

"Yup," Annabeth nodded. 

All of us chilled and ate the pizza Jason, Piper, and Leo brought and played dumb games, happy to just act like idiot teens. 

At one point, I looked over at Clarisse and said, "Wait what are you doing here? You hate me." 

To that she replied, "I don't hate you, dumbass. You're just solidly mediocre. And I came because  your mom asked me to and I am definitely one of the only demigods at camp she remembered the name of."

"Okay whatever," I shrugged. 

All in all, it was a fun night. Nothing could go wrong. Right? 

A/N Sorry that was probably really boring, but I needed to update. It was more just a filler. Also, I am 90% sure none of that made since. I was operating on 12 am brain. Oh well. Back with an update soon!