Chapter 13

Steve

"What the--," Natasha's words were cut off by the tall buck running at us. His antlers were poised to kill. 

I threw my shield, striking it in the antlers. It only got angrier after that. 

"What the hell is this thing!" Natasha's bullets flew harmlessly off its hide. 

"Well Tony said it's a dragon," I shrugged. 

"Does this look like a dragon?"(Anyone see the vine reference? No? No? Aw shucks), "What do we do?" Natasha looked at me. 

That's weird, I thought, She never looks to me for a plan.   

"You stay out of it," A voice came, "Peleus, down!" 

"You-you?" I saw who Natasha was talking to.

"Percy Jackson?" I asked.

"In the flesh. Try to cross over to me and Peleus gets to come after you and I won't restrain him," Percy warned. 

"Well, at least we now know why the buck is chained to a tree," Natasha shrugged.

"A buck? Oh right. Mist. Sure yeah, let's go with a buck," Percy chuckled. 

"It's a dragon isn't it?" I asked. 

"Definitely. Mr. Stark tell you that?" Percy said. 

"Yeah," I replied. 

"Figures," Percy mumbled. 

"Yo, Perce! What are you--" Jason ran up the hill, "Them again?" 

"Don't worry, we're not here to attack. The god of thunder gave us specific orders," I assured them.

"I'm starting to like that guy better then the good old uncle grumpy version," Percy turned to Jason.

"Hey!" Jason clutched his chest, "That's daddy dearest you're talking about." 

"Huh?" Natasha tilted her head and raised an eyebrow. 

"Nothing. Forget it," Jason said. 

"So why did you all come here?" Percy asked. 

"Tony wanted us to find you. Bye the way, there's cameras all over this place," I told them.

"You know, old man, you don't usually tell people that," Natasha flicked me. 

"Ow," I mumbled, rubbing my arm from her sharp flick. 

"I don't really care," Percy said, "Leo or one of his siblings will hijack them."

"And you don't tell them that!" Jason flicked Percy. I could have sworn I saw a little shock come off his fingers. 

"Where are your parents?" Natasha chuckled. 

"Manhattan," Percy told us, "Both Mom and Pops."

"They divorced?" Natasha assumed. 

"Complicated," Percy shrugged.

"And you?" I looked at Jason.

"Dad's in Manhattan most of the time. Mom's dead," Jason said, with way to much dismiss in his voice for someone talking about his dead mom. 

"Why are you all here?" Natasha asked. 

"I though we were done with your stupid interrogations," Percy snapped. 

"Okay, okay. Just tell me one thing; Thor said you had stuff to do. What is it?" I asked. 

"None of your business," Percy said, although I could see his hands shake a tiny bit.