Chapter 8

Percy

"I want to go home," I mumbled. I was cramped in a small closet, hiding behind boxes. Real hero like, Percy.

I mean, why did they have to secure all exits! Now I couldn't leave. It's like they want to keep me in the building or something.

I heard someone with a form of a heeled shoe come past to the closet door, and I held my breath tight when they stopped in front. It seemed like they were out of breath.

"I can't hold the doors shut any more. I'm drained, Tony," A Russian accented voice came.

"Then the rest of the team are coming. Everyone at an exit," The billionaire's voice said through some sort of device.

When the girl left, I sighed in relief. If she wasn't holding the doors and windows locked, I may have been able to slip out a window. I wasn't taking chances on any doors being available though.

Peeking into the hall first, I quietly ran from the closet. Thankfully, I had made it to the ground floor after running from flag dude. I wasn't in the mood for huge drops right now. My mind wasn't exactly focused on big hero jumps and landings.

Also I didn't want to die....

I took Riptide from my pocket and thrust it at a window. The glass cracked and alarms began beeping. I looked around once before leaping from the window. I rolled onto the pavement below and took off running, hoping my sword would soon appear back on my pocket.

I made it to an alley with a puddle. Sun was shining slightly through, creating a rainbow. I pulled a drachma from my pocket.

"Percy! There you are!" I looked up. Just the guy I wanted to see.

"Jason, thank goodness. I wasn't sure if you had gone into the building already," I said.

"I was about to, but crazy witch girl locked everyone in and out," Jason told me, "Hey, how did you get out?"

"A window," I shrugged.

"Huh. Well, we need a new plan," Jason said.

"We're not coming in as interns any more, that much I know," I stated the obvious.

"We can't go hidden in plain sight either. I mean, cause that worked so well."

"That kind of stinks. I've personally always wanted to sneak into a building dressed as a janitor," I said in all seriousness.

"Can we head back to your place?" Jason asked.

"Yeah. May be a safer spot than an alley," I said, starting to find my way back to my car.

When we walked into my house, my mom just stared at us.

"I'm not going to ask," she began, looking over my bruised body, "but if a god is messing with your life again, I'm going to walk my way to Olympus and smack everyone of their wicked faces. Maybe even your father's. I'm feeling extra protective."

"No need for that, Mom," I assured her, "Jason, we'll figure this out in my room."

I could hear Mom give a sad sigh.

"We should map that place out," I said, grabbing a pencil and paper.

I spent the next half an hour trying to recall to Jason all the pathways while he drew a map, since my drawing skills were definitely not up to par.

We also walked around the tower, finding any possible hidden entrances.

"When I flew around the building, I saw a direct, open entrance on the top. Tonight, I'll bring you up there," Jason said.

"Alright," I nodded. So at nine o'clock, I kissed my mom goodbye and called Blackjack.

"Sup, boss," the horse whinnied.

"Hey, bud. Mind following Jason into the city?" I asked.

"No problem," he trotted over to me, motioning with his head for me to get on.

We flew up to the tower and Jason motioned for us to sneak through the open doorway.

As soon as we stepped into the building, I sent Blackjack to get away from the area.

"I knew you couldn't stay away," I turned around to the voice's speaker sitting on a couch.

The man with the flag suit sat there.

"No getting away now," a different voice came up behind. The metal wing guy grabbed our wrists.

"Well this is bad," I grumbled.