Chapter 17 - Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Severus, who had been picking up his plate, set it back down onto the table with a loud thud. "What?" His eyes had darkened in jealousy and Rowan almost choked on her food. "Blaise tried to kiss me last night," She mumbled, keeping her eyes glued on her food. "Where was I?" He asked, moving closer to her and moving her head so that she was looking at him. "Sleeping. I went on a walk and he confessed he had feelings for me," She said, feeling both aroused and intimidated by the dark look in her lover's eyes. 

"He knows you are mine, doesn't he?" Severus said, scanning Rowan's face. "Severus, I am yours. There is no need for all this jealousy," She said, placing a hand on his cheek. He placed his hand on top of hers, trying to calm himself down. "He didn't kiss you, did he?" Severus asked, panic rising in his chest. "No! Of course, he didn't. He's like a brother to me," Rowan replied truthfully, a large weight being lifted off of her shoulders. 

"I am giving him detention with Filch when we go back to Hogwarts," Severus said as he took an angry bite out of his toast. Rowan chuckled and shook her head. Severus always knew what to say to keep her happy. Though, she could tell he was still feeling very jealous. "You do know I have never liked him, right?" Rowan asked. Severus raised an eyebrow in disbelief. When Rowan was a student, the two were almost inseparable. "I'm serious, Severus. Ever since I came to Hogwarts, I've only ever liked you," She said and Severus smiled at her. "What about before?" He asked and Rowan tilted her head in confusion. "At Ilvermorny?" She asked and Severus confirmed with a nod. 

"Nobody liked me much, there. I did have a boyfriend right before I transferred but I broke it off by owl. He never replied, so I can only assume he's not very happy with me," Rowan said, leaning her head onto Severus' strong shoulder. "He sounds horrible," Severus said and Rowan burst out laughing. "Severus, you don't know anything about him!" She exclaimed. "I don't need to. A gentleman always replies to a letter,"

"Says the man that wouldn't send me a letter himself. Dumbledore had to do it for you," She retorted, causing Severus' cheeks to turn light pink. He placed his plate onto the nightstand and did the same with Rowan's before he engulfed her into a heated kiss. When they had finally separated, with Severus on top of her, he spoke to her in a husky voice. "The things you do to me, Rowan Knight,

Rowan blushed at his words before hooking her leg around his and twisting, so that she was now on top of him. "And you to me, Severus Snape," 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Rowan! Professor! We were sharing family stories, care to join in?" Millicent called to them from the living room as the pair descended the stairs. Rowan smiled, almost sadly, before nodding. "What about our families?" Severus asked as he took a seat in a cushioned chair, pulled Rowan down onto his lap. Juniper seemed to light up at the scene in front of her. "Well- Juni was talking about how she accidentally turned a cup into a rat when she had first gotten back to her parents her first-year," Millicent explained as she leaned back into the couch. It was almost as if the couch was swallowing her.

"Rowan, you never talk about your parents. What are they like?" Blaise asked through gritted teeth.  Severus felt as Rowan's whole body stiffened against his chest, so he wrapped his arm protectively around her waist. 

With Severus' arm around her, she felt safe enough to speak about them. "My mom was a Ravenclaw when she was at Hogwarts, so she is very intelligent," Rowan began, turning away from the group and looking over to a bookcase in the corner. "My dad was a muggle, but he knew about my mom. He had broken his arm and she healed it for him and the rest is history," She said, holding back any tears that threatened to breach her piercing eyes. 

"Where are they now?" Millicent asked, suddenly intrigued. "Um- my dad left so I have no idea," She began, turning back to look at Severus for support. He squeezed his arm around her a little tighter and she continued to talk. "My mom is somewhere in London working for the ministry. She doesn't return my letters, and she's told everyone she's childless," Rowan said with a small shrug. Her parents were something she only missed the memories of.