ch 4: my sister will be the death of me

ROXYS POV

This girl will be the death of me. We are on our way home, and her arms are gingerly wrapped around my waist.

When we get hone I twist of the ignition and jump off.

I get to the front door and the automatic machine tells us that "Anna Burns will not be home until 1 A.M. she has a late shift"

Well fantastic. Its Friday afternoon and I have nothing to do. I was going to go out with Clarke, but no way in hell now.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a timid voice,

"Roxy?"

"What." I snap.

"Can we please go inside? Its been 6 minutes." Clarke saysvina not usually small voice.

I sigh.

Once I get inside I completely ignore Clarke and walk to my room and throw my bag onto my bed.

I'm about to shut the door when Clarke calls out.

"Wait!"

I open the door expectantly.

"Why are you so mad at me?"

I scoff. "Mad? No, Clarke, I'm not mad. I'm furious. Pissed off. Beyond angry. Clarke, you went behind my back, even thouth we had a deal. You promised no serious relationships because we can't afford for you to get close to anyone." I walk over to her.

"But, he's not serious. Just a fling." She says bitterly with her eyes downcast.

"Clarke, you're lying. I almost have enough money to leave, and I already have to take you, Em and her boyfriend, and your friend Rachel. Okay, that's four people. I can't protect another. I'm sorry, but we can't bring him. You have to break up, because after I get the money, we are outta here, but not before I graduate next week, so don't forget to study" I say bluntly, with a smirk at the end.

She snaps her head up to me. "What am I supposed to say, Roxy? Hey, my sister wants us to break up so I'm doing it because she wants to but don't worry! Our four month relationship meant the world to me, we just can't be together!" She yells.

"Okay, one-don't use that additude with me missy. Two-you dated him for four months?!?! What the hell Clarke?!" I yell back.

She glares at me, "I like hIm  lot Roxy"

Her voice cracks on my name.

I pull her not a hug, "oh, Clarke, I know. I know." She sobs in my chest.

"Roxy, why are we leaving? I wanna stay" she sobs. I stiffin.

"Just trust me," I whisper as she looks up and harshly wipes a tear away. I smile slightly. She's so much like me--strong, brave, determained--that she forgets she can cry sometimes.  As she walks away, I hear a beep from my room. I walk to my bag and pull out my phone.
Marcus:
Hey my #1 fighter. I have an impromptu fight tonight for you, double usual money if your in, we have some fighters from the next section over and theyes want to see our famous fighter, please come. Tonight, usual place, at 7:00.

I look at the time. 5:00. Ugh four hours.
Marcus,
I'll be there, thanks.

Marcus:
Great, come to my office at 6:00 though, I need to talk to you.

Marcus,
Will do.

I grab my fighting bag which consists of bandages, water, InstaHeal, my phone, and money. I put on my lucky purple bra and a sweatshirt over it, then my shorts, and sweat pants over. I pull my hair Into a ponytail and knock on Clarke's door.

"Come in!"

I open the door and find her on her bed studying for exams. She knows she has to get good grades to get into Pricely.

"Hey I have a fight, I'll be back by 9, okay? I'll come in your room when I get back"

"Okay, be safe Roxy."

"Always"

"And forever"

We both smile. Its what we do every time before I fight, and if we ever get in trouble, that's like our passcode.

"Bye Clarke"

"See ya Roxy."

I step outside and hop on my bike. I can't wait to fight.

A/N. Hellooo my lovelies
Okay so I can explain the, once again, random update.  I started writing, and I have found that once I start, I can't stop,so yeah. Anyways, I hop you like this chapter, sorry I didn't get to Marcus's surprise--I swear that'll be next chapter!

Teaser--The fight and Marcus's surprise.

Update-hmm idk soon probs in two days.(friday).
Love you all!!

My other books--Forever Alone, Radio Silence, and They don't know me