Ch 20-That Sneer Made Her Look Like Someone Barfed In Her Fake Hair

"Lets go lets go!" I yell, ushering everyone out the door. I swear, it's times like these that I feel like a mother.

"Chill, here's your cofee" Kyle says, handing me a cup filled with straight black coffee, and 2 cubes of suger--just how I like it. I look up at him with gratitude.

"I could kiss you" I say. Kyle winks at me, and we reach the truck. We jump in and drive the 2 minutes to Pricely--another plus, Clarke and (hopefully) Kayla will be able to walk here.

We all rush inside and I tell Kye to wait in the lobby area of the school with Kayla and Clarke. I walk into the councelers office, hoping I look confident. The attendent--a young, snotty looking gal--glanced at me when I walked in, surprise evident on her face.

"Hello, I'm here to see Priciple Janding" I say coolly.

"I'm sorry, no one is allowed back there without an a--" I cut her off.

"I have an appointment" I say.

"Oh. Well then, name please" she sneers.

"Roxandra Burns" I say through gritted teeth. She was becoming more than slightly annoying. Besides, that sneer made her look like someone barfed in her fake hair.

"Oh, yes. Follow me" she says, sounding disappointed. She raps quickly and barges in without waiting for a command. As soon as I'm inside she slams the door in my face.

"Bitch" I mutter.

"Oh, trust me, I know." A deep voice said from behind me. I yelp. "Sadly, she's my ex wife's cousin, and I promised her a job" he says, sighing. "I'm Principle Janding" he says, sticking his hand out.

"Roxy Burns" I say, gripping his hand tightly. Principle Janding looks likes he's seen his fair amount of crazy, with his tired face that I suspect never looks completely refreshed and his black hair streaking with gray and white.

"Take a seat, please. You look very young to be a mother, Mrs. Burns" he says, confused.

I can't help it, I laugh. "I'm not, sir. I just graduated highschool, I'm 18. My mother is, uhm, not well, so I'll be Clarke's legal guardian from here on"

"Oh, well, is this what you wanted to talk with me about?" He asks, still confused.

"Actually, sir, you see..."

Two hours later

"Thank you so much, Principle Janding.  I will leave Kayla here to take the test and Clarke so she can tour." I say and quickly walk out the door, towing Kyle behind me. Once we are past Mrs. Asstown, Kyle and I start doing a victory dance.  After explaining to the principle our situation, with minor changes, he agreed to interveiw her and look into her record.  He likes her, and has decided shes good enough for Pricely, though she has to take a small academics test, to see where she's at. 

I start to laugh with Kyle, and we both stumble outside, probably resembling drunk giraffes. I don't know, I'm just so happy. Happy that things are finally working out. Happy that I'm rid of my mother and my confusing actions when I'm with her. Happy to have Clarke in a safer environment. I let out a giggle.

Kyle just smirks and rolls his eyes.

I shove him and run to my beautiful truck. I jump in and start it, wildly looking around for him. When I don't see him anywhere I furrow my eyebrows.

"Looking for me?" He asks from the back seat.

"Cheese and crackers! Damn it Kyle!" I yell at him. Kyle looks taken aback.

"Cheese and crackers?" He asks. And then he starts to laugh. A lot. By the time we get to Seraiter college, he's crying.

I roll my eyes in irritation and slam the door.

Kyle starts running to catch up to me. "R-r-roxy! Please wait. I'm sorry. You just, you're never cease to amaze me"

"Piss off" I mutter.

"Come on Roxy you know you love me" he said. I shove him.

I walk up to the admissions office to see a very cute guy, chewing gum and looking bored. His eyes light up when he's sees me.

"Hey, what can I help you with" he asked.

"I'm Roxy Burns. I'm here to sign in and get my idiotic friend signed up" I smirk.

He nods and types something on the computer. "Roxandra Burns? Youre all signed up"

"If you call me Roxandra again I'll cut off your balls" I said.

"She's serious" Kyle says, joining me.

"Oh. That's...fun?" He says

"Very" I said, deadly serious.

"What's your name?" He asked, turning awkwardly toward Kyle.

"Kyle Banter" Kyle says. I turn toward him.

"Wait...what?" I ask.

"What's wrong?"

"You--you're last name is Banter? I don't know how I never asked." I say.

"You, ma'am,are a terrible person" Kyle says, matter-o-factly.

"You guys are so weird" the guy mutters.

"You have no idea" I mutter back. "How much is it?"

"$1,000" he says and I pay.

"See ya around" he smirks.

"You wish" I smirk back. Kyle just scoffs.

"You are so jealous" I yell at him and run away. Kyle gets a gleam in his eye and runs after me. We are neck and neck when we get to the car.

"I won!" Kyle yells

"In your dreams!" I yell back.

"We are such a mess."

"You're telling me" I mutter and we get back in the truck.

A/n this chapter sucks again but I have a really and writers block so I'm sorry:(

Teaser-school.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

PLSSSSSSSSSS